All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just wanted to share!
      #1512 - 02/26/03 04:47 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello everyone! I first want to thank all of you for the amazing support the past 2 weeks since I joined! YOU all have been great!!

Yesterday I had an appointment with my GI doctor who was so impressed that I have almost been able to manage my IBS so much more with my diet! He said that he didn't want to give me any meds, since I was doing so well. I think I really impressed him with the amount of research I have done in the past 2 weeks as well! He agreed with what Heather wrote in her book and said once I get my stress under control I should be good. He also reminded me that there will still be good and bad days. Now that I have more control, my bad days just don't seem as bad!

I have an appointment next week with a councilor (excuse my spelling)to begin the process of not worrying about everything.

I just wanted to thank you all for always being here for kind words, advice, or just to listen!

I feel extremely lucky to have found all of you!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just wanted to share! new
      #1515 - 02/26/03 05:06 PM
jo1978

Reged: 02/26/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Well done! You're halfway there... It's amazing what a few changes can do. I've gone from being utterly miserable to holding down a fantastic job, hiking 20km 3 times a week as well as trying to learn soccer & tennis. I've even started to learn how to surf! I've found that restaurants are really helpful (unless you try a steakhouse or similar) and I don't miss coffee or alcohol as much as I used to.

Well done.

Re: Just wanted to share! new
      #1540 - 02/27/03 07:15 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Sheri - WE feel so lucky that WE were able to help you.

Relating to what you said about your doctor--a lot of people stick with their docs because they feel they don't want to give up. There are a lot of docs out there who look at you and see $$$$$, and then there are the docs who really want to help people. I've gone thru a lot of MDs who didn't help me and have found ones who cared...it's like trying to find the proverbial "needle in a haystack". It's a tedious task, but like John Wayne once said in a movie..."a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!..."

You sound like you found a keeper!
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

THANK YOU GUYS!! new
      #1575 - 02/27/03 01:16 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

I did find a really good GI doctor who let me know that if I need to see him I can, but it is when I need to. When I had talked to his nurse she has first mentioned that he might talk to me about a new IBS drug. I think when he saw how well I was doing with the diet change, he decided he didn't want to go that route. Sometimes it is hard to find a doctor who will actually listen and try to help you solve the problem without meds if possible.

I have also had my share of doctors!

Thanks again guys and I really do feel like you are all apart of my extened family!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review