Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What suits me
      #150608 - 02/16/05 12:28 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi,
I was diagonosed as an IBS patient 25 years ago and no doctor told me what I should eat or not eat until recently I had a bad attack of IBS, with 35 stools along with terrible passing of gas. The hospital where I was admitted did a whole lot of tests and finally told me not to take milk and its products, beef, red chillies, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, melons and mangoes. I have kept away from them but the gas was worrying me a lot. Going through various IBS help line I got to know that one should not drink water in between meals nor at least an hour after meals. Trying this out helped a great deal. I also bought a whole lot of fennel seeds, roasted them and kept a bottle in my office, in my bag and at home. These I chew a little at a time and within a few days I felt better. I will however continue with the fennel seeds, take tea without milk and generally stay away from the forbidden foods. Living in Pakistan we do not get alternatives for milk but I am progressing. Hope this will help some of you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome to the boards! new
      #150635 - 02/16/05 04:04 AM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Re: What suits me new
      #150674 - 02/16/05 07:08 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! HAve you tried fennel tea? Crush up a teaspoon and put in a tea strainer and put in a mug of boiling water. It should really help with the gas and bloating. Have you tried Heather's diet? She has a comprehensive list of trigger foods to avoid - this helps immensely. Just read the Eating for IBS guidelines.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 349

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review