All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Totally lost new
      #161663 - 03/17/05 05:50 PM
Adriane

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii

So, this is going to blow everything out of the water. I decided to go to a naturopath doctor yesterday and he basically told me that everything that I was doing was wrong. he told me that eating all white pastas and breads was actually making me sicker. He said that since I am an O blood type which makes me a "meat eater" I was making it harder for my body to digest all the carbs. He also said that A blood types could probably deal with all the breads easier but that it still isn't good. So, he has put me on a strict meat and vegtables diet along with lots of natural vitamins to try to rid my body of fungus and yeast that has build up over the years. I don't know what to think yet, but I am desperate for an answer so it's hard to say no to trying. If anyone else is trying the soluble fiber thing to no avail, maybe you should try holistic healing. I will keep updating as I see if results happen. God I hope so!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Totally lost-Bentyl??? new
      #161710 - 03/17/05 09:59 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

HI 9804,
I use Bentyl(Dicyclomine HCL)everyday. I am IBS-C, with mega gas and bloating. It is an atispasmodic. I take 10mgs 2-4 times a day. Ask your doctor about it, it might make a diference for you. Good luck, and don't give up.

Cloudygirl

Re: Totally lost new
      #161714 - 03/17/05 10:52 PM
mars

Reged: 03/17/05
Loc: Middle of Nowhere, NC

I just got through trying the 14 days of Vivonex for IBS/Small bowel bacterial overgrowth. The stuff is disgusting (tastes like baby vomit smells) but it sure causes no bowel symptoms. No pain no cramping. Then you burp and smell the stuff again
Apparently I'll have to do it again when the symptoms come back. Wait and see. Has anybody else tried a short term elemental diet? I've been on Peptamen as well, tastes better than Vivonex but ungodly expensive.

--------------------
Mars

Re: Totally Lost new
      #372956 - 08/25/16 01:27 AM
fang

Reged: 08/25/16

me too

Edited by Heather (08/25/16 10:54 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 940 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 50056

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review