All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
food addiction and IBS
      #150265 - 02/15/05 09:06 AM
jen828

Reged: 02/15/05

hi i am seeking ANYONE who is a food addict like myself--i have trouble eating high carb and am very nervous about changing my diet and gaining weight. i weigh and measure all my food and eat very cleanly--but adding more sweet veggies and grains scare me...Can anyone HELP?? i have eaten raw fruits and green veggies like green beans and zucchini for years- i am ready to be less bloated and change, i just need some support and advice. Also i am under GOOD stress:) as i am planning my July wedding. jmdsunny@yahoo.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm in Overeaters Anonymous... new
      #150268 - 02/15/05 09:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

And I do not eat any white flour or sugar! You can still do it! Try other grains like millet, quinoa, and brown rice, and buckwheat. You may be able to tolerate some or all of these grains! You can also try pureeing your veggies and see how you do. It may take a while to find what works for you...but you CAN do it! Good luck *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: food addiction and IBS new
      #150270 - 02/15/05 09:17 AM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I know everyone's different, but I've actually LOST 5 lbs since starting this diet in Jan. And I've even been eating all the yummy fruit breads and brownies. I think a lot of it was cutting out the extra daily calories from soda, and usually low fat food has less calories. I also have increased my exercise since then, so that might be part of it. I know it sounds over simplified, but if you just don't take in more calories then you burn, you won't gain wait.

Good luck, and I feel that this is a pretty healthy diet so don't be too worried!

Cheers,
Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: food addiction and IBS new
      #150279 - 02/15/05 09:39 AM
jen828

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Re: I'm in Overeaters Anonymous... new
      #150282 - 02/15/05 09:42 AM
jen828

HALLALUAH!! I AM IN OA ALSO BUT I AM REALLY CONFUSED B/C I HAVE OFTEN FOOD COMBINED SO I DUNNO HOW TO HAVE GRAINS...?? I FEAR MY BLOOD SUGAR WOULD DROP AND THE CRAVINGS WOULD KICK IN?? I HAVE NOT EATEN GRAINS IN 2 YRS....I WOULD LIKE TO TALK FURTHER WITH YOU B/C I DONT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT IN BODY OR MIND!... OR BE CRAVING FOOD 24-7 EITHER. THANKKKKKKKK YOU!!

#150290 - 02/15/05 09:52 AM
Snow for Sarala

We can absolutely talk further!

Grains like millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and bwon rice are wonderful for people with blood sugar issues. If you have a nutritionist I advise you speak with them about this!

As far as food comibining goes...how far apart must you eat things? Can you have some millet for breakfast and egg whites an hour later? This might work well for you.

What upsets your tummy now that brought you to this cite? Lets start there...

You're gonna be great! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#150302 - 02/15/05 10:11 AM
jen828

HMM WELL IT SEEMS HEAVY MEATS--ANYTHING WITH FAT ARE TOUGH--GRAINS I MAY "FEAR" B/C OF PAST BINGING ON PASTAS ETC...ALSO I AM A TEACHER SO I DO NOT HAVE LOTS OF TIME TO DO MINI-MEALS..BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME I COULD!! I THINKI HAVE CANDIDA SO I THOUGHT I WAS NOT "SUPPOSED" TO HAVE SWEET VEGGIES LIKE SQUASHES PARSNIPS ETC... DO YOU DO MINI-MEALS OR SUFFER FROM CANDIDA??
THANKS AGAIN,,,,

#150325 - 02/15/05 10:56 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hi there...just want to let you know it's touhg to read your posts when they are in all caps. Thanks!

Have you been diagnosed with candida? If you have than I would recommend speaking to the naturopath/physician that diagnosed you. I would also recommend bringing this diet to your doctor and speaking with them in general about the changes you are considering making. I am definately more than happy to share with you my experiences and what I have done for myself. But I cannot advise you medically in any way.

I am not sure about the vegetables recommended for this diet in conjuction with candida.

You mention having difficulties with meat and fats. If you would like tof ind healthy substitutes for this you've come to the right place! Egg whites, tofu, soy, white meat turkey/chicken, and the other things listed as proteins in IBS diet are very healthy for us!

As far as grains...you will just have to try things and see. I hear your anxiety! You have to decide if you should keep things as they are and suffer the IBS symptoms or make slow changes and keep a journal and a close watch on the foods you eat and whther or not they cause a trigger in you. I'm sure you will make the best decision for you!

Good luck *hugs*

One more hting. I eat 6-8 meals a day. I need to eat every 2 hours for optimal health. As a teacher (I was a teacher a couple of years ago) this can be very difficult! But there are ways to make it work. Even eating a soem brown rice pasta with tomato sauce cold can be a small meal. Or rice crackers. Keep in mind...you are not the 1st or last person to have these needs. You are not alone!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#150351 - 02/15/05 11:16 AM
jen828

Thanks for your honesty...I have seen --literally--dozens of naturopaths, herbalists, chiropractors etc etc..I thinki am gonna have to go within and let the answer surface.... i have been diagnosed with candida so i will take my time and try...My IBS is not horrific..but it can act up during PMS times.....and stress...i just know that i want to have a flatter lower belly. I am sure if i steam and finely chop my veggies that that will help. I actually eat lean turkey--ground and I love raw carrots. I juice vegies a lot to and that cuts the fiber right out so i get optimum digestion. Do you eat any nuts??

#150352 - 02/15/05 11:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

You're welcome! I eat nuts very rarely. Same with peanut butter.

Another thing to try is soup. I find I get a lot of my from veggies from soup. Easier on my tummy that way. I often put brown rice pasta in my soup and I can tolerate it just fine.

Good for you! I knew you'd make the right decision for you...

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4373

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review