All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help for nausea (m)
      #149495 - 02/13/05 06:47 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I never had this before with IBS and now it's not overly bad but I am aware of it throughout the day. I feel a little better after eating something but I don't want to eat all day! For those who experience this, what has helped? Do Peppermint caps help at all?

Thanks!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help for nausea (m) new
      #149499 - 02/13/05 07:41 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I do experience horrible nausea throughout the day too. I haven't found the remedy yet.I do know eating every few hours helps. I also found out I have hypoglycemia so you may want to look into that. Sometimes if I have carbs/protein/fat it helps me out a little.I know certain foods make me nauses like certain proteins. Sorry for not that many ideas.

#149500 - 02/13/05 07:44 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Sometimes I find the peppermint caps can make me worse with nausea and acid reflux/indigestion. Fat makes me nauseous if I eat a bit too much! I find ginger and lemon tea helps with it quite a bit and relaxation as well, if I'm a bit stressed I find I get a bit sicky...hopefully that helps?

#149503 - 02/13/05 08:50 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Hi Sandy.

Pain and nausea are my worst symptoms. Like the others suggested ginger tea helps me alot. What works even better for me, however, is finding what makes me nauseous.

Recently, after being stable for months, I started having mild attacks. I didn't realize that the english muffins I had been eating a few times a week had high fructose corn syrup and nonfat milk in them. Once I stopped eating them, the nausea went away.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

Kim

Ginger! and... new
      #149517 - 02/13/05 09:09 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...make sure to nibble on something now and then, something plain like some bread or crackers, because having an empty stomach can make the nausea worse. Ginger is definitely best for it, though - tea, capsules, candy, whatever works best for you. Don't use peppermint; it can cause reflux problems and make the nausea worse.

#149619 - 02/13/05 04:11 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I get nausea, too. I have some ginger capsules sitting in my cabinet but I'm afraid to take them. Don't pay attention to me, though, because they seem to help many people. I ususally take Pepto-bismol (yuck) but it really does help settle my tummy.

Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1538

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review