All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Confessions of Stupidity from a Pregnant Woman
      #1491 - 02/26/03 03:39 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know why I did it the first time. The second time was just plain stupid. During my first pregnancy, I could by the second trimester sneak in things like cheese. I tried a piece yesterday and endured about 10 hours of nausea and heartburn afterward. The stupid part was I TRIED IT AGAIN TODAY - DUH! Today was a delightful day combined by trapped gas for 3 hours and subsequent hours of nausea and indigestion and heartburn. Not even ginger tea helped. I could hardly choke down rice at supper. But if I don't eat, I get more nauseous (another pregnant perk!). I'm frustrated and angry with myself. I been reminded of what it is like to suffer daily to a magnitude that many of you feel. My heart to goes out to you all. I find it very hard to live without cheese. Maybe the Recipe Goddess or another angel will come down from the heavens and send me a recipe for soy cream cheese. I can only get soy parmesan, feta and cheddar in rural Ontario. Sorry, I just had to vent. It's so frustrating sometimes.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Confessions of Stupidity from a Pregnant Woman new
      #1494 - 02/26/03 03:51 PM
SharonMello

Loc: Groveland, CA

HanSolo - you're not stupid--just pregnant, although I've never been so I don't know what it's like...and I don't wanna find out either. I'm too old and I've been fixed.

Anyway, the soy Mozzarella is just great and the cheddar is good melted over turkey burgers and in casseroles. I love cheese too and miss it very much, but every time I eat it I get gas. Sometimes I take about 3-4 Lactaid (generic) with my first mouthful and it works 9 times out of 10. But if I got as bad as you, I don't think I would even try it.

I just saw soy cream cheese at the grocery store this morning, but I can't remember if it was lo fat or not. Heather said in a post today that the soy CC is high in fat. Will the fat bother you if it's soy?

Recipe Goddess signing off.....

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1495 - 02/26/03 03:54 PM
jo1978

Reged: 02/26/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Don't worry. I think we all feel like that. I've been off dairy, red meat, caffeine, chocolate and alcohol for over 12 months, I see my dr & my naturopath regularly and just when things are going well (great job, fantastic boyfriend etc etc) I've signed up to do a walk for charity - 100km in 48 hours. And that's screwing everything up. I'm with a team, so I can't really pull out, but I'm finding it really hard the day or two after even short walks because my symptoms get worse. I thought exercise was supposed to help! Dammnit! You don't have any ideas why it'd be getting worse, do you? Good luck with the pregnancy... Remember, it only takes 10 or so days for your tastebuds to renew, so if you eat (or don't eat) something straight for 10 days, it'll become normal. how do you think we all cope with soy milk!

#1497 - 02/26/03 03:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thank you both. As for you, Jo, I was wondering when you are walking in relation to when and what you eat. Perhaps being extra careful before a walk may help. Perhaps walking right after eating or waiting an hour or two may make a difference. Play with it a bit. Try walking at different times, and eating very carefully. Just a suggestion!

--------------------

#1499 - 02/26/03 04:02 PM
jo1978

Reged: 02/26/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks, I'll try that. The charity walk is going to span over two days though, so I'm a bit nervous if it is timing. We're doing a 40km mountain range on Sat, leaving home at 7, so I'll try and get up earlier to have breakfast so it's started to settle once we start walking. Such a pain. Didn't even consider my IBS when I agreed to be part of the team & it's playing havoc with my belly!

Thanks for your advice

#1501 - 02/26/03 04:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

If it's a relay, maybe you can work your eating around when you walk. Also, fennel tea is great for bloating. Maybe a cup of that may help, too. Heather just crushes the seeds with a mortar and pestle and brews it in boiling water. Worth a try, maybe.

--------------------

#1534 - 02/27/03 06:27 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Do you ever feel your cravings are uncontrollable? You just can't help yourself; you just have to have it? I remember that and I am a little worried about that. It is hard enough to stay away from chocolate chips and chocolate bars when I have PMS. I am just a little worried about that. By the way, I am having a really hard time waiting until this summer to get pregnant. This feeling of wanting a baby is getting so strong. I just can't wait.

#1535 - 02/27/03 06:49 AM
SharonMello

Loc: Groveland, CA

Jo1978 - I think vanilla soymilk is really good, especially over cereal. Am I weird to like it????

It was strange tasting in the beginning, but like you said, after 10 or so days, you get used to it. My husband is getting used to it in cooking and sometimes I make his instant oatmeal with it and he doesn't even notice...or if he does, he doesn't mention it.
Weird Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1536 - 02/27/03 06:53 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I don't think I ever had the uncontrollable craving ie. I MUST have this NOW, but I did have cravings for foods I normally couldn't eat (and could while pregnant) - ie. caesar salads, pizza, fresh fruit. I found even very small amounts settled the urge. Remember, it's fun cheating - as long as you keep the portion to tiny. Ie. melt ONE square of chocolate on your tongue after a safe meal. I'm glad you're looking forward to pregnancy. I can't remember - do you have any children now? Start taking your prenatal vitamins NOW - it's good to get that folic acid in you long before getting pregnant. Take care.

--------------------

#1549 - 02/27/03 08:24 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I have two daughters. Madeline just turned five and Meike (it suppose to be German for Michelle and is pronounce like the bible prophet Micah) is going to be three in about ten days. I think it would be nice to have a little boy around the house. We even have a name all set if we ever do. The girls keep saying they want a brother. Meike has said she isn't a baby anymore and we don't have a baby but we will soon. Cute huh?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1585 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review