All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
antibiotic question
      #148903 - 02/11/05 07:16 AM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

Just wondering for others who have ibs.. how long does it take you to return to normal function after being done with your antibiotic. Last week I had two infections that went away, then a horrible cold and ended up in the ER for throwing up. They said I may have a small UTI and gave me a two day antibiotic. I started taking probiotics, and am just wondering if it takes a few weeks for the symptoms from the antibiotics to go away, if its the cranberry pills/juice I'm taking, or maybe just plain old spasms.

Thanks
Theresa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: antibiotic question new
      #149583 - 02/13/05 02:04 PM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Just wondering what kind of probiotic you took. I am trying to get rid of a UTI, without taking antibiotics, with the cranberry pills and juice and water. So far no luck, but am afraid to take the Cipro, as I am IBS-D and don't know how hard it will be on my system. I thought about taking a probiotic, but have never taken them before, and there are alot to pick from.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

Re: antibiotic question new
      #149676 - 02/13/05 07:45 PM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

Hello! I used Acidophilius. You can buy it at almost any grocery store, just make sure you follow the directions (most need refrigerated after opening). Double check there is no milk in it, as there is in some, but not in all. Good luck :-)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 762

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review