All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Interesting Probiotic I found
      #148651 - 02/10/05 01:40 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I had been looking for something and had a hard time because I live in a small town and all the acidophilus had lactose in it also. So I looked online at this place I used to buy my contacts at because they sent me an e-mail about a sale they were having. Anyway -- I found this one that not only doesn't have any lactose -- it has no yeast, wheat, milk, egg, glutens, artificial colors or flavors, added sugar or preservatives. Plus it is specially coated so that it will not dissolve until it reaches your intestines -- so the acids in your stomach don't kill all the little guys you're trying to get to your intestines. It also has that mix that is supposed to be so good. It's called Natrol BioBeads Acidophilus Complex. I bought it at Drugstore.com The only downside that I could see is that it does use gelatin and vegetable oil in the bead -- but it would have to be tiny amounts -- and it hasn't upset my tummy yet..... but it's only been a couple days. I just thought I'd share - I know how hard it can be to find things. I haven't used it long enough to see if this will make a major change or not -- but it hasn't upset anything and it sounds like it might be a pretty good deal.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Interesting Probiotic I found new
      #148912 - 02/11/05 07:54 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Recently researching probiotics, and Natrol Biobeads has a very high consumer report rating because it actually contains the number of live cultures it claims on the package. A very reputable and good product for probiotic use. Just thought I'd let you know.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Thanks for the feedback! new
      #148925 - 02/11/05 08:30 AM
kshsmom

That's good to know. Being a newbie in this whole supplement area, it's nice to hear I made a good choice!

#148964 - 02/11/05 11:26 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Thanks for sharing that information. I'm very interested in it. I, too, live in a small town and it's nearly impossible to find health foods and supplements here. I've been using wal-mart brand acidolphilus, but I don't think it really helps much.

The price on these looks good, too!

#148966 - 02/11/05 11:34 AM
sybd

Reged: 02/07/05

You can also find it online here for a better price:
http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Products/ProductDescription.cfm?SKUNumber=047469040420......going to order some now!

Love BioBeads for travel new
      #148968 - 02/11/05 11:40 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

This was a company that most generously supplied us with samples for the Fall Sprawl in Las Vegas last October. Since then I've been hooked because they are so tiny, do not need refrigeration, and are easily carried in my purse. The only draw back I can see is there isn't a high number of live cultures in one of those little beads, so I take a couple. I take a different brand at home, of a much higher potency, or my homemade non-dairy kefir. Because I take both digestive enzymes and a probiotic with every meal, especially when I eat out, these are just so handy to have with me.
Kandee

--------------------

I'm in KS too -- and the Wal-Mart brand I saw had lactose in it --- new
      #148985 - 02/11/05 12:22 PM
kshsmom

which is a big trigger for me -- that's why I had to look elsewhere. They only had one choice though --- maybe yours offered something different.

Re: Love BioBeads for travel new
      #148991 - 02/11/05 12:30 PM
kshsmom

So 1 Billion isn't enough? How much do you need? I also take digestive enzymes. I am trying to learn.

Re: Love BioBeads for travel new
      #149002 - 02/11/05 12:48 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Kandee, what probiotic do you use at home? I know you are C and I just recently introduced probiotics and digestive enzymes to my diet. Right now I'm only taking one Jarrodophilus per day. Should I take more? I have noticed some improvement, but still having some issues. Suggestions?

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Non-Dairy Kefir Kandee!?
      #149014 - 02/11/05 01:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

How do you make this? I'm very interested! Mind sharing? *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3180

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review