All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Safe Chili's menu item-Here are some more new
      #150453 - 02/15/05 03:12 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Why no rice? I thought rice (and I eat it all the time) is a good soluble fiber???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe Chili's menu item (basil chicken pasta) new
      #150526 - 02/15/05 05:18 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

When I go to chili's I get the basil chicken pasta, it is penne pasta with grilled chicken, roma tomatoes and marinara sauce. I ask for no parmesean cheese and for the sauce on the side, because I can't handle too much acid. So even if you can't handle tomatoes, a person could get just the pasta and chicken, and that would be "safe".

Re: That's weird... new
      #152150 - 02/20/05 11:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It didn't make any sense to me - why would there be whole wheat in flour tortillas? Maybe it is different in the UK, maybe there is very little whole wheat in comparison to the refined wheat - or maybe the person I dealt with at Chili's is mistaken. Unfortunately, whole wheat is a very strong trigger for me so I'm going to have to err on the side of caution.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Chili's Tortillas do NOT have whole wheat (more) new
      #165031 - 03/29/05 12:12 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This has been bothering me since Linz posted it, so I finally called Chili's and spoke with Guest Relations. I explained that I had received an email from them saying their flour tortillas had whole wheat, but that I knew someone who swore they couldn't possibly and would they please double-check. The woman I spoke with was very nice and the next day I got both a phone call and an email apologizing for the misiniformation in their email of February 14 and saying that their flour tortillas do NOT have whole wheat. Yay!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Safe Chili's menu item guac new
      #165082 - 03/29/05 04:51 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i use to work for chili's....no...there is no milk in the guac. the peppers may bother you...but i made SURE it would be ok for me to eat!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 637 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review