All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
no help in sight
      #147074 - 02/05/05 08:49 PM
littletrisket

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: Oklahoma

I guess I just need to vent. Lately I have been fighting a lot with my mother about my IBS . She thinks that my doctor did all he could for me in the way of IBS. Well idon't think he did. I had me get and colonoscopy and told me i had an inflamation and that was it no help. I later went to a family doctor he told me I had IBS, gave me some cramping meds, no tests what so ever and then it got pushed aside cause they found a thyroid problem. I'm still haveing problems and all my mother can say is that the doc did all he could and that they have already spent enough money. It aggravates me and stresses me out which only makes things worse. How do you make someone understand when they have never felt the pain of IBS. i tried to get her to read the book I'm reading my Heather about the first year of IBS but mom isn't intersted. Help please .

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

If you have inflammation.... new
      #147088 - 02/05/05 09:40 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...then the doc was crazy and wrong to give you an IBS diagnosis without furthur testing. Inflammation indicates INFLAMMATORY Bowel Disease, NOT IBS! The IBS diagnosis can only be given after ruling out IBDs, so shouldn't have been given to you at this stage. You NEED to either go back and say you're not happy with the diagnosis as that is NOT how to diagnose IBS or, better yet, get a second opinion.

please have further tests.. new
      #147116 - 02/06/05 01:30 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

inflamation is a sign of IBS- crohns/colitis, etc.. and not a sign of IBS and these needed to be treated differently!

Please find out WHAT you have so you can have appropriate treatment!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I agree 100% with Linz! -nt- new
      #147122 - 02/06/05 04:07 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Re: If you have inflammation.... new
      #147209 - 02/06/05 10:02 AM
littletrisket

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: Oklahoma

Easier said than done I have been tryign to get my mother to take me back to see a new doctor so far no luck we just fight about it . I'm tired of waiting to feel better. I got a little hope tho last night my dad said that he has a new doctor that he likes and mentioned to him that we think I ahve IBS. I just have to wait and see if I can talk my dad into taking me to get some tests as soon as the insureance stuff says I'm on dad's insurance .

Okay, but remember... new
      #147255 - 02/06/05 12:46 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...that this is IMPORTANT. IBDs need treatment or they can get pretty horrible. If you have inflammation, it's unlikely to just be IBS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review