All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bad taste in mouth/tingling tongue
      #14598 - 07/22/03 11:43 AM
Mallory

Reged: 07/03/03
Loc: Kansas

I have this almost constant bad/sour taste in my mouth. My tongue also tingles and burns along the edges. It does get worse after I eat and then a little bit better after I brush my teeth but sometimes it just happens and stays for hours w/ no reason, or so it seems. Anyone else experience this same thing?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad taste in mouth/tingling tongue new
      #14600 - 07/22/03 11:49 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

It could be your medication that you are taking (if you are on any meds?).It happened to me once when I had a reaction to some medication. Or it could be a combination of meds. and food.

#14613 - 07/22/03 01:30 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I had the same problem for awhile. It has to do with poorly digesting your food. Try taking some digestive enzymes when you eat. And some good quality probiotics. You probably have a system that is a bit out of whack...hope this helps and you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#14621 - 07/22/03 02:29 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

I have this, too. The bad taste for me is metallic. It seems to have started after I got on medication for GERD, but that was at the same time I was diagnosed with the IBS. I have wondered what it is, too. Seems like it's a toxin of some sort in my system (my theory).

#329296 - 05/04/08 07:52 AM
Sharon Mello

Reged: 08/23/04
Loc: 25 miles from Yosemite National Park in Ca.

Mallory - I get this too and it seems the docs are stumped. One gastroenterologist told me it was in my head in not so many words (well, duh, mouth is in head!!!! LOL) and told me I should go to ENT doc. I think he's full of himself and just didn't wanna treat me. Mine is a smoky, sulphury, garlicky taste/smell in throat/nose. I have found that graham crackers kicks its butt, but I still need to find out what it's from so I can make it go away for good. If I eat soup that I put celery in or kale (strong tasting veggies that are connected to sulphur content or creating sulphur fumes after you eat them that come up from tummy), I get it and sometimes it doesn't go away for days. Seems to be connected to feeling of having to "go". When smell/taste goes, the "poo" call goes w/it. Am I weird or does this happen to anyone else????

I haven't posted for a long time, and I'm still trying to get dx'd. I've tried "Eating for your blood type" which put me back a few years. Went to naturopathic doc and she didn't seem to be interested in the IBS treatment, although she did put me on food enzymes. After a month or so I felt good, but then it all started again even taking all her supplements which makes me wonder if I have IBS or if something else is going on. I'm trying to find a gastro doc who'll do all the tests I need so the dx can be made.

Sorry to go on, but there are 2 of me here because I'm beside myself LOL!

Anyone else have bad taste in mouth after eating certain foods???

Sharon Mello
Ex-recipe goddess

I need all the help I can get!!!

#329326 - 05/04/08 03:18 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

I've read that this can be a symptom of GERD. It's from the stomach acids getting up to your mouth. GERD symptoms can vary from person to person. I have GERD but have never had this.

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

#371646 - 11/15/14 03:48 AM
Bdeellpower

Reged: 11/15/14

Thank you informed me.

--------------------
матрешки

Re: Bad taste in mouth/tingling tongue/Hi, now in 2014 new
      #371656 - 11/15/14 01:22 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Oh man Sharon, you're fun;Made me laugh. How you doing now 6 yrs. later if you're able to post with us?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8328

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review