All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: to betterlife regarding if/sf new
      #147919 - 02/08/05 04:46 PM
BetterLife

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: CA, USA

OMG, I know what you mean. I am at the same point where I don't know what to eat anymore. Zelnorm initially helped A LOT. It was as if it was a miracle. But it started to ware off, as do a lot of precriptive drugs because your body relies on them. I'm trying to find a method to help me naturally. Sorry, I want to be of help but I don't even know how to help myself right now. Best wishes.

--------------------
BetterLife

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

To Robin V re:zelnorm new
      #147921 - 02/08/05 04:51 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

The zelnorm has only started working for me since I eliminated most of the IF from my diet and have focused on SF. I also take citrucel and that seems to help. On a regular diet, the Zelnorm was pretty ineffective.

Hi Ruchie new
      #148012 - 02/09/05 12:03 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Of course I don't mind Its a herbal supplement designed especially for the liver, ie all the vitamins and minerals that promote a healthy liver. Off the top of my head I don't remember the ingredients so will have a look tonight and let you know. I only started taking it yesterday so nothing to report yet. I'm really hoping it helps get rid of the bloat, because nothing else seems to help!

And yep my allergist is very knowledgeable. I owe him my health as I was really sick when I first went to see him.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Robin new
      #148013 - 02/09/05 12:14 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Noooope, milk of magnesia is magnesium citrate, and apparently a really harsh laxative. I've never tried milk of mag, but apparently if you reaaallly need to go, it'll do the job. The forms I take are safe to take on a daily basis.

As for bloat, I don't think I've spoken to anyone who has been able to pinpoint their triggers. My problem at the moment is I'm bloated 24/ 7 and I'm only eating 'safe' foods. So I'm stumped. What more can I do!!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Stimulant?? new
      #148074 - 02/09/05 06:37 AM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I too believe that coffee helps me go but quit drinking it a year ago. I managed to quit with only one headache and some fatigue but it's worth it. I sleep so much better!

I drink herbal tea and use Stevia-Plus every morning. It helps keep me regular to say the least. Stevia-Plus is a natural sweetener with fiber added to it. It is perfectly safe for IBS. You can buy Stevi-Plus in the natural food section of your grocery store.

If I eat more than usual, I will use two packets a day...otherwise I use only one a day.

I hope this helps.

--------------------
"puffy"

Re: Hi Ruchie new
      #148098 - 02/09/05 07:53 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks T! That would be great! Also, what's the name of the product? I really hope this helps with your bloating!

Btw, I read that red tea is good for the liver? Have you ever heard this? I also heard milk thistle is. I'm curious to know if either of these things is in your supplement?

Thanks again *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hi Bamagirl new
      #148116 - 02/09/05 08:32 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Did not know this!! And I just bought more cal/mag! Perhaps I just need to take the mag too. Might try that approach next. I apparently need the calcium though, because it sure does help me sleep better, and I was having major issues with sleep before that! Thanks again! This C problem takes a lot of thought and planning doesn't it?!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Stimulant?? new
      #148167 - 02/09/05 10:59 AM
BetterLife

Wow, never heard of it. Does it work like coffee in your opinion?? What is the product's intention exactly? Thank you so much for the info. Will check it out.

--------------------
BetterLife

Taylahmai new
      #148193 - 02/09/05 11:42 AM
BetterLife

I'm sorry you have a constant bloat these days! I know the pain! I used to be very bloated and have cramps in my stomach when I ate. Sometimes bloating without cramps or pains. But I know that bloating is not always caused by foods but bacteria, or too much of them. It sounds like the way you eat and what you're eating is not the cause right now. Once when I saw a Gastroenterologist, I took a bacteria level test and showed that I had too much of them. He gave me antibiotics and that helped a lot. I'm not an expert, nor can I explain things well, but I think once you've gotten rid of what's causing the bloat, you'll be fine. Are you drinking any fennel teas? I don't know if that's going to help you at all, but just a thought. I sympathize your discomfort.

--------------------
BetterLife

Stevia-Plus new
      #148210 - 02/09/05 12:27 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

It is a natural sweetner with fiber in it and I discovered it accidentally when traveling. I bought some at a health food store, went on a trip...ate anything I wanted to include omelets, cheesecake, baked brie..anything I saw! I had no "C" and I always get "C" when I travel! The one constant was that I used the stevia-plus in my tea every morning and I was "going" more than once a day.

To this day I have one envelope in my tea every morning. I am not a big eater but when I eat more than usual I do so it keeps the flow going. It has been a blessing for me.

--------------------
"puffy"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review