All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Back pain... new
      #147526 - 02/07/05 12:33 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...is pretty common with IBS - your digestive organs fill you front to back!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Betterlife, finally back! new
      #147533 - 02/07/05 12:40 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Always interested in what helps other C's. I take the cal/mag supplement in the 2:1 ratio, and I do have to be careful not to get too heavy handed with the Calcium. Veggies/Fruits are sooo individual! I have to have them though, and the if I have some IF with each meal, what a difference! I can tell a huge difference when I leave it off. Thanks for all the info!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Betterlife, finally back! new
      #147542 - 02/07/05 12:56 PM
suarez

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: ILLINOIS

When you state you have pumpkin with your supper how are
you preparing it? I have only really had it in pumpkin
pie around the holidays.

Thanks

Suarez new
      #147605 - 02/07/05 05:20 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hi saurez. I just chop the pumpkin into squares and either steam it with my other veges or roast it in the oven with a little bit of oil. Yummm, I love pumpkin, and the best thing is I have no problems whatsoever with it

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Hamster :) new
      #147610 - 02/07/05 05:45 PM
Taylahmai

Hi Hamster I have pretty constant back pain, which doesn't seem to get better or worse come bloat time (I have a curved spine). As for the liver perhaps affecting my bloating, well I'm always overwhelmed by info when I see my allergist, so here goes:

My understanding is that the liver produces enzymes that aid in metabolism of food, and the liver also is directly linked with the bodies ability to digest food. If your liver is sluggish, two signs of that is abdominal bloating and poor digestion.

I guess its explained by all our organs being linked, and the liver being the most important organ for wellbeing. If you have a sluggish/ toxified liver you will have problems with digestion, hence gas and bloating. I can't find any other reason for my constant bloat, which is there regardless of whether or what I eat, so I'm certain there must be more to it.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything more

--------------------

Hi Bamagirl new
      #147612 - 02/07/05 06:01 PM
Taylahmai

When I was taking a cal/ mag supplement the cal ended up inhibiting the mag uptake. So I got terribly C again. I switched to a mag only supplement and haven't looked back

And by the way its always a pleasure to share my experiences

--------------------

Questions new
      #147614 - 02/07/05 06:09 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What liver supplement are you taking?

Is your rice bread brown rice or white rice based? What brand do you buy?

So you take a total of about 900mg total magnesium for the day? It's hard to calculate since all the individual types you listed all had more than that combined (990mg)! So I'm sort of confused at your daily total mg intake? I take 2 a day for a total of 400mg. I'm not sure what you mean by "elemental"?

Do you only eat brown rice or do you also eat white rice? Do you think there is much difference for the BM's. I know brown rice is an insoluble and so it was recommended not to use this as a base for the veggies. That only white rice could be a "buffer" base for insoluble veggies.

BTW, WELCOME BACK! Where were you?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Questions new
      #147617 - 02/07/05 06:27 PM
Taylahmai

Hi Beth, I have been a busy little girl lately

Magnesium comes in many different forms - such as the ones I listed - but not all magnesium can be utilised by the body. Each tablet I take has 980 mg of 'raw' magnesium but 309 mg of elemental magnesium, meaning 309 mg of magnesium that can be directly absorbed by the body. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Maybe someone else can explain it a little better.

I eat both white and brown rice as my bf isn't real keen on brown so we compromise I can happily eat either white or brown, but I prefer to eat brown as its much better for BMs. I know brown rice is IF so I usually make sure I have pumpkin or sweet potato with my other veggies. Yet even though its an IF I have no problem with bloating?? But wholemeal anything else is awful. Kinda strange, I think rice is very different to other grains in this respect.

You sound like you've been having a rough time lately. Feeling any better?

--------------------

Questions new
      #147619 - 02/07/05 06:42 PM
Augie

Hey, thanks. Not sure I understand the magnesium thing but what's ya going to do?

You didn't mention what type of rice bread you eat, the brown or white or what brand?

Yeah, I'm still struggling. I'm sure everyone is pretty sick of me. Thanks for asking. I just ate brown rice and spinach so my tummy is hurting. Too much IF with no SF to buffer. I'll have to remember what you said about having Brown rice with solubable veggies. That might help.

--------------------
~ Beth

PS new
      #147620 - 02/07/05 06:44 PM
Augie

I can't believe how well you are doing!!!I want to go to your naturopath!!! I wouldn't even know how to find one who I knew was reputable. I would probably end up with a quack!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32556

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review