All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fiber pills
      #145068 - 01/31/05 06:27 PM
littletrisket

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: Oklahoma

I have a fear of taking fiber pills because I'm worried it will make the cramping worse seeign that I have bother IBS with constipation and diarea. Is that a reasonable fear or does the fiber pills not effect the body that way ? I'm still a little new to figureing this all out I've had it since I was about 18 I'm 22 now and still haven't found a doctor that has really stisfied my questions about my getting sick.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fiber pills new
      #145071 - 01/31/05 06:34 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

The fiber pills are going to stabilize your stomach. You want to start with a small dosage and gradually increase so that you AVOID and cramping or bloating. Increase your dosage about once per week. It takes awhile to get adjusted to the amount you need. Usually it's about 15 grams per day. If you take that much right away you will get bloated and probably have some discomfort. Hope that helps

Jessica

Re: Fiber pills new
      #145110 - 01/31/05 08:40 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Trisket,

Taking fiber suppliments is just like eating a piece of white bread, rice, or potatoes! All of those foods contain soluble fiber in them. When you take a SFS, you're basically eating these foods.

You also don't need to take pills - you can mix the fiber in your foods. I like to mix my fiber powder in my cream of rice in the morning.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Fiber pills// to jessica 28 new
      #145296 - 02/01/05 01:10 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Hey Jessica I'm in phoenix too!

Re: Fiber pills// to jessica 28-TAROH73 new
      #145334 - 02/01/05 02:43 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I know! I sent you a post before about that, but it probably got bumped down. I was telling you we could get together sometime and vent about IBS!! I live off 51/Bell Rd., what about you?

Jennifer Rose new
      #145462 - 02/01/05 06:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Aren't you taking Fiber Clear SFS? Can you mix that in foods?

Also, what kind of cream of rice do you eat? Is it a brown base or a white like Nabisco in the orange box? That one doesn't have any fiber so I was leery of it since I am a C.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Jennifer Rose new
      #145728 - 02/02/05 09:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Aren't you taking Fiber Clear SFS? Can you mix that in foods?

Yup - that's the one I'm taking and I have high hopes for it. It doesn't mix as well as the Acacia does, but if I put it in texture foods it works great. Plus I don't get any bloating or gas from it! I still need to up my doses (have't had time to increase them) to produce more regular BMS, but so far so good.

Quote:

Also, what kind of cream of rice do you eat? Is it a brown base or a white like Nabisco in the orange box? That one doesn't have any fiber so I was leery of it since I am a C.

It's the Nabisco one in the orange box. What I do is mix 1/4 c. cream of rice and 1 tsp of FiberClear in a plastic bag in the morning. Then I take it to work with me, use a paper coffee cup (its too hard to clean out cream of rice from a bowl!) and fill it with about 1 c. water. Then I pop in it the microwave for 1 min, stir, 30 secs, stir, and 20 sec and then it's done!

I have also mixed it in my Silk soy yogurt before. I want to eventually mix it into liquids in dinners and such.

--------------------
- Jennifer

To jessica28 new
      #145900 - 02/02/05 01:54 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I don't think i'm that savvy at using this site..... i'm still learning so hopefully you will get this! I live in ahwatukee off i-10 and elliott. Let me give you my email address: patsyro28@yahoo.com! Send me an email if you get this and we'll talk!

Re: Jennifer Rose new
      #146087 - 02/02/05 08:11 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I have some Fiber Clear in my cupboard but haven't tried it yet. I wonder if I could start taking the 2 tsps a day which would equal the 6 grms fiber of citrucel I am currently taking or if I need to start over from the beginning 1/4 tsp. I know Heather says you can just do equal doses when switching,I think, but it might be better to start fresh. But I need the fiber for my lack of BMs

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1410 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1323

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review