Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Birthday Supper Update
      #1444 - 02/26/03 07:46 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to report I went to dinner with the girls and the restuarant was absolutely marvelous about my "food allergies."

I ordered a chicken stirfry with Jasmine Rice. Unfortunately it all was made with butters and oils that were not in the diet. But my waitress was wonderful. I requested to have the rice made without anything except water and the stirfry veggies to be cooked in water alone with nothing else. And the chicken to be cooked with no oils/butters etc. When we were having difficulty achieving this the head cook manager came out and made suggestions as to how we could get around this.

We finally came to the agreement of water cooked veggie with lemon marinated chicken. Absolutely wonderful! They were so great and they never once got annoyed or anything. And I got to spend the entire 2 1/2 hours with the girls chatting rather than sitting in the washroom in pain.

It was lovely!

Someone has suggested getting a copy of the menu ahead of time and then talking to the cooks to get the meal organized....I think this is what I should have done, but I will definately know this for next time. My girls were so wonderful though - they just grinned and said "Man - how do you live" haha. Like we have all never asked ourselves that haha.

Anyways - thank you everyone for your input - I really appreciate it.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Birthday Supper Update new
      #1449 - 02/26/03 10:32 AM
Yolanda

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: New Hampshire

I'm so glad you had a great time. What a wonderful restaurant and service! Did you leave a big tip? lol!

Re: Birthday Supper Update new
      #1571 - 02/27/03 12:12 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Actually we did....Our bill was $125 for all five of us. And everyone left $20 and then I left another $20 because she was just so wonderful.

I was a waitress for 3 years and I know what they go through - when a waitress does a good job I make sure they know it! LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review