All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!!!
      #143783 - 01/28/05 11:01 AM
davey

Reged: 01/28/05

I'm kinda new at this. I've been an IBS sufferer for about six or seven months now and I still haven't been able to break the cycle. I've tried a lot of things and even went out and bought peppermint caps and tea which help only for a short time.

I'm having a lot of trouble with the bloating and gas as well as constant trips to the bathroom. I've tried to change my diet and I've cut a lot of things out, but I have had limited success. Does anyone have any suggestions because it's becoming almost unbearable..... not to mention it's cramping my social and work life because I always have to run to the bathroom and I end up stinking out a room which chases my fiance away lol.... any suggestions???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome!!! new
      #143814 - 01/28/05 11:56 AM
DynaDeb

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: NW Indiana

You have come to the right place. I haven't been here very long myself, but the others have and are very supportive. Are you IBS-A, C, or D? Were you diagnosed from having had a colonoscopy or other tests? Do you have Heather's books "Eating for IBS" and "The First Year - IBS"? The books are a must and are reinforced by everything on this website.
I'm IBS-D and the "running to the bathroom" and all other symptoms associated with it have been helped tremendously by taking SFS before bed every night and an anti-spasmodic. My GI prescribed Nulev (anti-spasmodic) which I take "only as needed" (because it can dry you out, make you tired, and tends to be constipating). Of course, when all you find yourself doing is running to the bathroom, something that can be "constipating" can be a relief.
Following the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet is very helpful to get your system to settle down at first.

Hang in there... you're not alone and there's lots of help here.

Debby
---------------------
"Live to Ride. Ride to Live." H-D

--------------------
Debby

"Live to Ride. Ride to Live."

Welcome! new
      #143826 - 01/28/05 12:14 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try sticking to the diet for a while. It can take a lot longer than some people think!

Are you on a SFS? Highly recommended. I'd suggest Acacia as you get bloating as some other SFSs can make that worse.

Also, taking Immodium daily as a preventative (try one tablet in the am) can help break the cycle - I did so for a few months and it really helped.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1960 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review