All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Augie....
      #143689 - 01/28/05 07:45 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

How are you doing? Are you hanging in there? Update me!

Jessica

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah, Beth... new
      #143741 - 01/28/05 09:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

How are you doing? Miss ya!

You both will be hearing from me soon! new
      #143888 - 01/28/05 02:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When I am not at work. I'm dying to chat! I miss you so much and have to get my priorities straight. This FT job thingy is really digging into my emailing time

Thanks for asking about me. So nice to have concerned friends! Who actually want to hear from me! I always feel like I'm bugging people (self esteem thing, you think)

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: You both will be hearing from me soon! new
      #143911 - 01/28/05 04:27 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Or when you're at work.......you're emailing me! Busted!

Ha Ha!! new
      #143936 - 01/28/05 06:29 PM
Augie

And emailing Michele, and my cousin, and my sister-in-law, and my best friend, and... I do have to get some actual work done!! There's too many other things/people I'd rather be concentrating on than work.

But I'll always have time for my Casey!
And Jessica has been such a support during my little breakdown earlier in the week.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Ha Ha!! new
      #143989 - 01/29/05 06:42 AM
jessica28

I'm glad that I have been some help to you. This whole IBS thing sucks, I know, and is definitely frustrating to me. I hate having to obsess about what I eat, taking my fiber, when I'm going to have a BM....it reminds me of years ago when I had an ED. I still haven't received the g-zymes, but again I haven't checked my mail either....so, I will let you know about that. I'm curious and anxious to find out if they work better than Triphala...they're supposed to I guess...Take care Beth and I'll talk to you soon.

Jessica

Hey sweetie! new
      #144210 - 01/29/05 09:05 PM
Augie

You said it. This does suck big time!!! Totally relate with obsessing 24/7 on what to eat, what not to eat, how my body is going to react to what I eat, when to fit it taking SFS, triphala, meds, and all the other crap, I mean supplements. It's exhausting. And half the time I can't remember if I took one thing or the other, which stresses me out too. Did I just take my magnesium, or was that a klonopin I just took! I feel like an old lady with my pill container and my citricel (old people stuff)!

This is worse than obsession with the ED. At least then it was just not to eat. Didn't involve pain or all these supplements and meds. Boy I thought nothing could be worse than the anorexia and bulimia. Was I wrong!

Do you think that the eating disorder is what is causing our IBS? I do. I think I screwed up my GI system royaly from the abuse I put my body through. I think the bowels are confused and the whole GI system is whacked permanently. I know there are at least 3 other people on the boards besides you and me who have had an Eating Disorder before this all started so I don't think it is a coincidence.

Seems like a cruel joke that once we decide to get healthy and eat right our bodies now won't allow us. First we chose not to eat and now our bodies won't let us eat. That's cruel irony, isn't it?

Let me know how the g-zymes go for you, if you ever check your mail! I have some miralax now, but didn't start it yet. For some reason I had D today . I ate Lentil soup 4 days in a row in a desperate effort to have a BM! Total gas!!! Good thing I live alone!! But it did it's job, even during the week when I usually can't go (shy bowel thing). But I must of O.D. on them because this morning, Yipes!. Plus, I was taking prunes at night!!

So maybe I'll just cut the lentils to every other day and just deal with the gas for those days!

Oh, I saw your question to Michele on why she is stopping miralax. Just wanted to let you know that I pulled up that post from like a year ago, so she isn't going off of it now. I don't know why she was going to before, but I assure you, she swears by that medication and will never give it up until they come up with a cure for IBS. Like that will ever happen. These scientists don't seem to care very much about helping the IBS folks. Maybe if they had to live like this they might try a little harder to find something!

And thanks again for your kind words earlier in the week when I lost it. When I read that post downing triphala, I just cried. I just wanted to give up. I try so hard to research and to look for anything that will help. And the post just kind of was another slap in the face. Just one more hope that was squashed! Yes, this IBS has consumed my life. If I'm not doubled over in pain, I'm on the IBS board or the internet researching treatments. That's all I do. I don't socialize or have fun or anything. My life is consumed with IBS crap. Gotta work on that. But then I feel guilty if I'm not trying to find a treatment. So, guess I can't win.
I should have emailed you this, as I'm sure noone is going to be interested in reading my long post!

--------------------
~ Beth

Nonsense! new
      #144219 - 01/29/05 10:20 PM
atomic rose

I'm interested, and I read it. Not that I have anything helpful to add in response, but...

You're a brave woman. Lentils *and* prunes? Wow. See? I *told* you you'd get braver about eating different foods, hehe.

Re: Augie... new
      #144236 - 01/30/05 12:06 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

tell me honey, are you feeling better???

I have missed a lot of your posts, sorry for that. You have been on my mind, and just thinking of ya.

Aw Casey new
      #144281 - 01/30/05 08:01 AM
Augie

I should have known my friend Casey would care what I had to share! And thanks for the !

Wasn't sure if I had shared with you my past life as an anorexic, but guess the secrets out now for everyone's eyes!

Believe me, the lentils and prunes were eaten out of pure desparation. My doc's nurse asked what food I have eaten in the past that had cause me to be D. Well about 7 years ago I had the worst attack of D from trying lentils one time. So that's what I tried. Pure desparation.

I must admit, I have been looking on the Vegas Board to see what other people have been listing as the food they have eaten while reporting in and that has given me some courage to also think about trying those foods. I advice anyone with fear of new foods to visit that sight and see what others are doing (while still surviving).

I don't know though, because once again this morning I have woken up to D and that crampy D feeling, if you know what I mean. Like it's there, and just waiting to come out. Safe solubles for me today, but then I worry that I am setting myself up for C for the rest of the week. What is an IBSer to do! This crazy balancing act. But I am thankful I did go, just hate this quezzy feeling yesterday and today.

I didn't have lentils yesterday, but did eat 2 prunes, so those are out tonight as well!

Nice new pic. You could be a model for real. All your pics are great. Maybe by springtime I'll have one up. But my pictures all look like Driver License pictures Wouldn't want the world wibe web to get hold of that!!! I would just have to ask my coworker (with the digital camera who offered to take the picture) to take 50 million so I could pick out one that may have turned out okay!

--------------------
~ Beth

ROFL!! new
      #144285 - 01/30/05 08:27 AM
atomic rose

If you knew how many pictures I had to take to get one good one, you'd laugh for sure. And probably change your mind about the whole model thing, too. Heh. But thank you!

Well, if you outed yourself, I guess I should too. I've struggled with eating disorders too, and sometimes still do. I was basically anorexic as a teenager - I lived off coffee and alcohol - and by my early 20s, I'd done a complete turnaround and developed a bingeing problem, which is how I ended up weighing 260. I still have an INCREDIBLY distorted view of my body. I look in the mirror and I always see myself as how I looked at 260. I cried when I realized I'd actually gained weight up to a *healthy* 125. I really hoped I'd stay an underweight 105 for the rest of my life.

There, now you know my secret too. Really, it's nothing to be ashamed of... ED's are more common than you'd think, especially around here. There are a lot of us who've struggled with them.

Yeah, I would probably go easy on the prunes from now on. Heh. But I guess you now know what works if you get really desperate again!

That's really cool that you get a little "inspiration" from the dieting threads on the Vegas board. I never even thought of sending people over there as a way to show what people are eating on a daily basis. See? Told you you'd be helping out around here, dishing advice and answering questions, before too long.

Gigi new
      #144293 - 01/30/05 08:42 AM
Augie

Thank you for thinking of me. That means so much to me. I must admit, I have missed seeing you on the Eating Boards, but sometimes you just need a break, you know what I mean? And maybe just hang out in the Living Room to get away from the pain and chronic symptoms of the IBS.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much the same as last time you checked in with me I just get so frustrated because I am trying to follow the same IBS guidelines as everyone else on this board, but I don't seem to be getting any relief at all. What's wrong with me? Why am I so different and unable to get some stability? I feel like God is punishing me for some unkown reason.

I know people are tired of my whining. I actually emailed Casey asking her if she thought I could be evicted because I post so many negative posts on how this diet is not giving me relief. I am afraid of two things. One, other folks are sick of the constant whining of my pain and struggles. And two, because I'm not exactly a good testimonial for Heather's diet!!!

I may need to take a break from all this. As my earlier post stated, my life has become consumed by the IBS. I am either reading, researching or shopping for IBS relief and answers. Even as I right this, I should be getting dressed for church! But I have lost all outside activities that are not devoted to finding relief for this. And just having wrote that, I just realized that going to church can help me by bringing a healing and feeling of love and strength that only God, and no doctor or book, or internet site can provide. Okay, I just had a light bulb moment!

How are you doing Gigi? Did you decide to go back on an SFS? I did see your post even though you missed some of mine! Are you taking the calcium and aren't you also on actonel, or was that someone else. It's hard to keep up with everyone's med regiment. I thought that you too had osteoporosis? If so, do you take calcium and the actonel, or can you just take one of them? I can't put this off any longer. I was trying to get "stable" before starting both of these, but that could take years!!! And I don't have the time to wait. My bones need help ASAP!

--------------------
~ Beth

Thanks for sharing.. new
      #144307 - 01/30/05 09:34 AM
Augie

your story with me. I feel not so "ashamed". That's not exactly the word I'm looking for. I guess I'm just worried that people with think I "deserve" what I'm going through now because I did abuse my body. Even though at the time, I felt like I had no choice. It wasn't something I chose to have. Anorexia and then bulimia both kind of had a grip on me, I did not choose them. It was an innocent diet that turned into a long nightmare that had me in it's grips.

I know that is why now, even though I don't restrict, diet, weigh food, count calories, or anything, that with all the food restrictions of the IBS, my family does not believe or accept the fact that I cannot eat dairy or red meat or all the deadly food sins. They just pass it off as my Eating Disorder is still "active" and controling my life. That hurts because I fought so hard to overcome my ED and I guess I wanted some credit for it? And it angers me that they don't get that the IBS food restrictions are totally separate from Eating Disorder problems.

I know what you mean about body distortion. And my bloated belly continues to play mind games with my distortion. I am still under 100 pounds or around there, so I know I am still underweight (I'm 5'5") but the belly makes me feel fat, fat, fat! And all clothes are tight! So I think how can I gain more weight when I feel this fat already!

And even when I was at my lowest, I saw myself as what I weighed before that all started. I have heard that a lot of people go through that who have lost a lot of weight like you. They still see themselves as that over 200 pound person. I don't know how you get over that. You know in your mind that you aren't that big because you see the number on the scale, but the mind doesn't register it. And I can see how you are nervous to jump from 105 to 125 because you may be afraid that it won't stop since you've been heavy in the past. Oh, these mind games.

My friend was bulimic and lost weight down to 100 pound too. She has maintained a healthy weight of 130 pounds for almost 15 years now or longer, yet she still tells me that she fights with wanting to go back to that lower weight somedays. Maybe it never leaves you. You just have to not act on it.

Oh, about the vegas board, I wasn't sure what it was, so I stopped in and saw all these people posting their meals. That's when I got the idea to see what stable IBS people were actually able to eat. It was a light bulb moment! To see in one forum a list of daily foods that people were eating instead of posting seperate posts asking different people what they ate for ideas. I was going to post this idea as a suggestion to other leery eaters, but I didn't want the "reporting in folks" to feel like we were nosing into their business if we weren't sharing or using the board for the same purpose. Guess I'm busted on my spying now too! Oh no, she's a former anorexic/bulimic and a spy! But seriously, it has helped me to see what other people are able to eat in a day, to get meal ideas, to see how many and what types of fruits and veggies others are tolerating, etc. I have not been so brave as to try some newer foods (except for my lentils!) but it has helped to see that others can handle spinache, lentils, and chickpeas, and other things on a daily basis. BTW, you eat a lot of potatos and spinach How come you don't report your menus anymore, just your fruits and veggies? And when you report bananas, are they fresh bananas or do you count it even if it is in a bread, like banana bread? I didn't think you ate fresh naners! And it seems like people aren't listing their individual foods as much just points, exercise, and BMR's and other numbers I don't understand!

Okay, now maybe I should have emailed this post to you, as again who's gonna want to read all this! Since it's directed for you, does that leave anyone else who would be interested?

I still want to email you and share some stuff with you, sweetie. About what's going on etc. I have so much to tell. Now whether you'll be interested is another story!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Thanks for sharing.. new
      #144328 - 01/30/05 10:11 AM
atomic rose

Yeah, "ashamed" isn't quite the word I was looking for, either, but if you had even an inclination to head towards that feeling, I wanted you to not go there. Nobody HERE will ever think that you "deserve" anything because of how you treated your body in the past, so don't let your mind go there, either! It's a shame your family can't grasp the difference between dietary restrictions for better living and an eating disorder, but I honestly think that "normal" people will never really understand how EITHER problem works. I thank my lucky stars that my family actually never knew about my ED's - or, at least, chose not to acknowledge them - so that now they can chalk my diet up to a picky-eating phase and leave it at that.

It's really, really hard to overcome. Adam's father's girlfriend, the other day, said to me, "Look at you! You're getting fat!" 99% of my brain knows how she meant it; she saw me go from 150 to 105, and by "fat" she means that I'm getting my boobs and butt back. But that last 1% of my brain fixated on THAT F WORD and it's all I could talk about the rest of the day. Adam kept reassuring me that I'm not fat, but when things like that happen, it just doesn't sink in.

I tend to think it doesn't ever really leave you. Most days are pretty easy for me, I don't even think about it, but every now and then it rears its ugly head. Then I just have to choose not to act on it, which is hard.

Haha, Beth's a spy! Think of it this way: if we didn't want people looking in on what we're eating, we wouldn't post it on a public board! I'm really glad it helps you, regardless. I stopped posting my daily meals because I tend to eat the same thing every day - I love to cook, but I'm essentially lazy when it's just me at home, so I just go with mindless food. I got tired of reporting the same meals every single day, so I figured I'd just get to the point and report calories and fruits/veggies, the 2 things I'm tracking. But now that I know you're checking up on me, maybe I'll go back to posting meals.

Yeah, I eat a lot of potatoes and spinach. Carrots, too. I really don't like a whole lot of vegetables, which makes getting my 5 a day really difficult sometimes. I try to eat potatoes instead of pasta, just because they count as a veggie. As for the other stuff, I cook a package of frozen, and pick at it till it's gone.

Yep, my bananas are fresh! The weirdest thing happened: I've hated bananas for *years*, but I ate one one day and suddenly I really like them! Go figure! I'm also finding I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, something I "hated" since I was a kid. I guess your tastes really do change over time!

Email, post, I don't mind - it's good to hear from you either way!

If you love PB and.. new
      #144337 - 01/30/05 10:40 AM
Augie

you love bananas, try a PB and banana sandwhich! oh so good! I used to eat them all the time before I had to worry about the fat in PB! And on a warm tosted bagel or bread, the PB melts and the warm banana is sooo good! I wish I could go bananas. I think they cause gas and C, but I'm not sure of any specific triggers yet! UGH, why can't I figur out my triggers! It would make life easier if I could pinpoint specific no no's, but there is no ryhme nor reason to my pain and symptoms. After weeks and weeks on no bananas, I tried a 1/4 if a one in my quiona breakfast cereal. It was cocoa flavored and had dried bananas in it already. Just added water and microwaved it until hot, like oatmeal. Hey, another new food I tried! As opposed to just plain regular oatmeal. Actually, it wasn't very good, but I still get credit for trying it! I thought bananas bothered your tummy. How often do you eat them? If I remember correctly from the vegas boards, sometimes you ate a couple a day, and you were okay with the tummy? I know some people have cramps and gas from them and can't do them. Lucky you if you can. I know Rachel misses them!

It was kind of hard to not have my family acknowledge my ED. Okay, more confessing. I plummeted to 69 pound (at 5'5") and was hospitalized in the ED ward about 3 times. I was hospitalized but it never worked because I wasn't ready to give it up. Too afriad and I still needed it as my coping mechanism. It was a serious thing. So, kind of hard to hide. Hey, if others on the board want to judge me for that then that's a chance I am taking now I guess. As long as people I care about are still accepting of me, that is what I must care about.

When I started gaining weight, even when people said, "oh, your face is rounding out" or "You are really putting on some weight, pretty soon you'll have to join Weight watchers" ha, ha! I know they were really not thinking I was fat, but that's surely was my inital thought! I don't know how I would react if someone actually used the FAT word to me!

You say your alone and that's why you are eating the same foods. Where is Adam now? Is he out of town? And I don't think there is anything wrong with eating the same foods everyday, it's easier and less hassle than cooking sometimes, and it's a no brainer! And the foods you are eating are healthy, so why not if it's what you need to do! Actually, it was making me feel better that I wasn't the only one that sometimes is too lazy to make fancy dishes and just does the basic boiled potatoe, cooked frozen veggie and baked protein(chicken, fish). It's healthy, fast, and stressless. And with the FT job, stressless, and less time consuming is important to me. The more things in my life I can simplify, the better for my IBS!

--------------------
~ Beth

PS new
      #144339 - 01/30/05 10:41 AM
Augie

Your a moderator, right? Is it okay to be posting this stuff or should I be emailing you? Which I still want to do to talk about non IBS stuff going on!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Hey sweetie! new
      #144357 - 01/30/05 11:02 AM
jessica28

Hi! Ya, I many times blame the ED on this IBS, cause it didn't start happening until then. Oh well, guess I'm paying for it, huh? Did you get sampled then of the Miralax? It takes a few days to work, and it's not going to make you have huge logs or anything, so don't expect that! It will get that stuff out of you though. Let me know how it goes. Still haven't gotten the G-Zymes yet, tracking said it was shipped the 27th, so soon hopefully. Sorry to hear you are so gassy, any BM's though recently? Take care Beth, I mean it

Jessica

Mmm, PB and banana sandwiches! new
      #144394 - 01/30/05 12:10 PM
atomic rose

One of my all-time favorites was to toast an english muffin, spread with PB, top with thinly sliced apple, and drizzle with honey. Heaven! I miss that. Sigh!

That's the part I really don't get - bananas *used* to make me sick. They didn't make me C or D, usually, but I'd get AWFUL heartburn and indigestion and sometimes it would last for days! Now I'm eating 1 or 2 a day most days, and I'm fine. The only thing I can figure is it's because I'm letting them get riper now than I used to... I wait till they're practically black before I eat them.

Ya know, I wondered how quinoa was. I love my oatmeal, but I'm sure I'm going to get tired of it and want a change. Your vote is that it isn't very tasty, huh? One of the advantages to your gluten restrictions is that you've explored a lot more options as far as some foods go, things I never would have thought to try. So... any good hot cereal recommendations?

Yeah, I suppose it would have been pretty difficult to slip that kind of weight loss by anyone. I never lost that much weight, and it was probably because I consumed so many calories in coffee and alcohol. I hate admitting that sort of thing too, speaking of unhealthy coping mechanisms.

I'm alone because Adam's at work. He works 2-11pm, which means I eat dinner alone all week. And *that* means that dinner for me during the week is usually chicken and oven fries - something I can throw on a baking sheet, toss in the oven, and not think about till it's done. I really only cook on the weekends, and even then, not always.

Yep, I'm a moderator... I don't think there's any rule against personal conversations on the boards, hehe. Especially since we *have* been talking about the IBS diet, interspersed with other things. If you want to take it to email, though, that's fine!

Re: Mmm, PB and banana sandwiches! new
      #144412 - 01/30/05 12:41 PM
Augie

One quick question, then I gotta go pee and make lunch and actually get dressed now that it's going on 2:30 pm When you make the chicken and potatos how do you make them and how do you coordinate the temperature so they can bake at the same time? My recipe for potato fries calls for a temperature of 400 degrees and the chicken for 350 so I can never eat this together and I don't like fish with potatos. So what's your secret to cook them together? And how do you make the fries again? Whoops, now I'm using the Eating Board as a Recipe Board. Thank goodness I'm talking with a moderator! Ha Ha.

Try the PB and banana sandwich, they are to die for! Or almond butter, or whatever type butter! So good!

Yeah, hard to hide a weight like that even with heavy sweatshirts, and long sleeves. Thank heavens I'm not at the point any longer. I really should be dead by now. I have actually lost 3 people I knew throughout my life to anorexia. Their hearts gave out. One just passed on this past Christmas Day. She just turned 25 in November. The other was a nursing student who was 23 or so. She was a laxative abuser and she just never woke up. Her little 8 year old brother found her. That was years ago. I honestly should be dead. I know that.

Plain quiona with cooked papaya is okay Not great. But that fancy cocoa flavor was nasty! How can anything chocolate by nasty? I like GF hot Mighty Tasty cereal the best, or plain old hot creamy hot brown rice cereal. But I do miss my oatmeal. Kandee, the GF expert of the board, says McCannes oatmeal is purist and is okay to eat once in a while, so I may start eating that 2 or 3 times a week. Oh no, another new food! I'm going crazy with the new foods! Well, 3 new foods is a big deal to me at least. Or am up to 4 all in the same week mind you! I gone lost my mind!

--------------------
~ Beth

Cooking potatoes and chicken new
      #144421 - 01/30/05 12:52 PM
atomic rose

Here's what I do...

First of all, I take a FROZEN chicken breast half, and put it on a square of foil. Spray it with cooking spray, season with whatever I'm going to season with (and always a sprinkle of paprika, to keep it from looking pasty pale), then fold up the foil over the chicken, sealing the ends to make a packet. Put that on one end of a baking sheet.

Make as many oven fries as you want - I peel my potatoes, slice them in half lengthwise, and then slice them into 1/4" thick wedges, so I'm getting maybe 6-8 wedges out of a potato. Spray the rest of the baking sheet, lay the potatoes out, spray them with cooking spray, sprinkle generously with salt (and whatever else you might want to put on them).

Bake the entire thing at 400 degrees for an hour. Check the potatoes at 45 minutes to make sure they aren't burning, but you really don't even need to turn them. Make sure your oven rack is in the center!

I don't know... I've tasted some pretty nasty chocolate things. YooHoo was always one of my least favorite things on the planet, I think that stuff is just foul. I think I'll pass on chocolate quinoa. If I can find the plain stuff, I'll give it a try and let you know what I think. It's a bummer that I have to go all the way to Bangor for any of this stuff... I probably won't be back down there for another month.

Ok - now you'd better be getting dressed and eating lunch by now, young lady! LOL

Ah, frozen is the trick! new
      #144436 - 01/30/05 01:01 PM
Augie

But my fravorite people are on the boards and this rarely happens except when I'm at work and can't do this! (as much,at least)! But I do need to eat and go to store 1/2 hour away for some GF bread!

Don't get too excited about the quinoa. I do the flakes for breakfast. It also comes in a grain type form. The flakes are smoother and make better cereals. The grain form is more a side dish like rice!

--------------------
~ Beth

Casey, about Peanut Butter new
      #144570 - 01/30/05 05:40 PM
Augie

How much Peanut Butter is safe for a PBJ sandwich? I know this is a pretty high fat food (16 grams in 1 Tablespoon) so how much do you use. I would love to be able to eat PB & J again!!! What kind of jam do you use? The one is fruit juice like Simply fruit or the regular kind or does'nt it matter?

--------------------
~ Beth

I use... new
      #144572 - 01/30/05 05:55 PM
atomic rose

Seriously, about a teaspoon of peanut butter. Not much at all, but it's enough to taste. And I do use the all-fruit jams. I'm kind of chicken to try a regular jelly; I know I can handle a little HFCS, but it makes me nervous when it's the first ingredient in something.

Hey beth.... new
      #144617 - 01/30/05 06:56 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Just read about your ed. Had no idea. I'm sure no-one is going to judge you on it. Actually I'm all the more proud of you for dealing with it and (I'm guessing) beating it! It's a disease, something you can help no more than your IBS and I think now that most people are aware of that. I get where they can stem from though. As you know am very thin at the moment and the other night DH says, "you know. You've put on a little bit of weight. In the shoulders and the tummy" and while I've been wanting to put weight on for almost 18 months my initial reaction was "oh, great, I'm getting fat" and I can honestly say I've never had a weight problem in my life so I dont' even know where that thought popped from.
Anyway, I'm not trying to compare my one thought to beating an ed, just wanted to say that I'm proud of you. Hope you're starting to feel a bit better.
As for triggers, I haven't really got any as such. I can't eat fat, red meat, or fructose so if I steer clear of those I'm okay. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Thank you Amy new
      #144625 - 01/30/05 08:01 PM
Augie

I've gone back into this post 4 times now, ready to delete my posts on my Eating Disorder. I am so afraid that others will think differently of me, or not believe that I really have IBS but just my old ED flaring up. The ED is part of my past now thank goodness. It is over. But the IBS is real and present now.

My fear of new foods is not because I am afraid of calories, it is because I am afraid of pain and cramps and other lovely symptoms. People don't get that. Or they don't believe me and that hurts.

By the way, when you say fructose is a trigger for you, does that mean you don't eat any fruits, as they all contain fructose you know?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Thank you Amy new
      #144636 - 01/30/05 09:02 PM
jessica28

Don't feel ashamed, I had an ED too....It's not fun to talk about, and I usually don't, but I don't feel shy on here, since nobody judges anyone...besides, I'm only typing anyhow! Don't delete anything, Beth. I"m in the exact same boat...

Jessica

With that fructose thing..... new
      #145073 - 01/31/05 06:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's not a trigger for everyone but a glass (very small glass) of apple or orange juice will have me dashing for the loo for days so I know I can't handle much. A plain orange will do the same. If I do eat fruit I stick to apple (puree'd apple mostly) the occasional banana (I don't really like them much) and sometimes pear. So yes, I pretty much steer clear of fruit. I make up for it with veges though. I can tolerate huge amounts of asparagus, broccoli, broccolini, bok choy, chinese broccoli etc plus all the standards like potato, pumpkin, carrot etc. But that's just my body. It's taken a long time for me to figure out what sets me off the worst. I know chocolate does cause every time I eat it I get the worst rumbles and gas, and fruit big pains and d and bad rumbles and d with high fat meals and whole wheat. Dairy doesn't seem to cause a problem as long as it's low fat, soy is really bad for me. But everyone is different so stick at it and you will eventually notice some things that make you feel really bad and the list builds from there. Hope this is helpful and if you have more questions for me feel free to ask or email me! How are you feeling anyway, these days?

--------------------
Amy

Re: Mmm, PB and banana sandwiches! new
      #145074 - 01/31/05 06:49 PM
littletrisket

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: Oklahoma

I like eatting waffles with just PB and bananas on it and if I don't eat them all the time I do pretty good, it's a nice treat for me

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review