All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Ah, frozen is the trick! new
      #144436 - 01/30/05 01:01 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

But my fravorite people are on the boards and this rarely happens except when I'm at work and can't do this! (as much,at least)! But I do need to eat and go to store 1/2 hour away for some GF bread!

Don't get too excited about the quinoa. I do the flakes for breakfast. It also comes in a grain type form. The flakes are smoother and make better cereals. The grain form is more a side dish like rice!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey, about Peanut Butter new
      #144570 - 01/30/05 05:40 PM
Augie

How much Peanut Butter is safe for a PBJ sandwich? I know this is a pretty high fat food (16 grams in 1 Tablespoon) so how much do you use. I would love to be able to eat PB & J again!!! What kind of jam do you use? The one is fruit juice like Simply fruit or the regular kind or does'nt it matter?

--------------------
~ Beth

I use... new
      #144572 - 01/30/05 05:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Seriously, about a teaspoon of peanut butter. Not much at all, but it's enough to taste. And I do use the all-fruit jams. I'm kind of chicken to try a regular jelly; I know I can handle a little HFCS, but it makes me nervous when it's the first ingredient in something.

Hey beth.... new
      #144617 - 01/30/05 06:56 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Just read about your ed. Had no idea. I'm sure no-one is going to judge you on it. Actually I'm all the more proud of you for dealing with it and (I'm guessing) beating it! It's a disease, something you can help no more than your IBS and I think now that most people are aware of that. I get where they can stem from though. As you know am very thin at the moment and the other night DH says, "you know. You've put on a little bit of weight. In the shoulders and the tummy" and while I've been wanting to put weight on for almost 18 months my initial reaction was "oh, great, I'm getting fat" and I can honestly say I've never had a weight problem in my life so I dont' even know where that thought popped from.
Anyway, I'm not trying to compare my one thought to beating an ed, just wanted to say that I'm proud of you. Hope you're starting to feel a bit better.
As for triggers, I haven't really got any as such. I can't eat fat, red meat, or fructose so if I steer clear of those I'm okay. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Thank you Amy new
      #144625 - 01/30/05 08:01 PM
Augie

I've gone back into this post 4 times now, ready to delete my posts on my Eating Disorder. I am so afraid that others will think differently of me, or not believe that I really have IBS but just my old ED flaring up. The ED is part of my past now thank goodness. It is over. But the IBS is real and present now.

My fear of new foods is not because I am afraid of calories, it is because I am afraid of pain and cramps and other lovely symptoms. People don't get that. Or they don't believe me and that hurts.

By the way, when you say fructose is a trigger for you, does that mean you don't eat any fruits, as they all contain fructose you know?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Thank you Amy new
      #144636 - 01/30/05 09:02 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Don't feel ashamed, I had an ED too....It's not fun to talk about, and I usually don't, but I don't feel shy on here, since nobody judges anyone...besides, I'm only typing anyhow! Don't delete anything, Beth. I"m in the exact same boat...

Jessica

With that fructose thing..... new
      #145073 - 01/31/05 06:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's not a trigger for everyone but a glass (very small glass) of apple or orange juice will have me dashing for the loo for days so I know I can't handle much. A plain orange will do the same. If I do eat fruit I stick to apple (puree'd apple mostly) the occasional banana (I don't really like them much) and sometimes pear. So yes, I pretty much steer clear of fruit. I make up for it with veges though. I can tolerate huge amounts of asparagus, broccoli, broccolini, bok choy, chinese broccoli etc plus all the standards like potato, pumpkin, carrot etc. But that's just my body. It's taken a long time for me to figure out what sets me off the worst. I know chocolate does cause every time I eat it I get the worst rumbles and gas, and fruit big pains and d and bad rumbles and d with high fat meals and whole wheat. Dairy doesn't seem to cause a problem as long as it's low fat, soy is really bad for me. But everyone is different so stick at it and you will eventually notice some things that make you feel really bad and the list builds from there. Hope this is helpful and if you have more questions for me feel free to ask or email me! How are you feeling anyway, these days?

--------------------
Amy

Re: Mmm, PB and banana sandwiches! new
      #145074 - 01/31/05 06:49 PM
littletrisket

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: Oklahoma

I like eatting waffles with just PB and bananas on it and if I don't eat them all the time I do pretty good, it's a nice treat for me

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review