All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Augie....
      #143689 - 01/28/05 07:45 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

How are you doing? Are you hanging in there? Update me!

Jessica

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah, Beth... new
      #143741 - 01/28/05 09:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

How are you doing? Miss ya!

You both will be hearing from me soon! new
      #143888 - 01/28/05 02:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When I am not at work. I'm dying to chat! I miss you so much and have to get my priorities straight. This FT job thingy is really digging into my emailing time

Thanks for asking about me. So nice to have concerned friends! Who actually want to hear from me! I always feel like I'm bugging people (self esteem thing, you think)

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: You both will be hearing from me soon! new
      #143911 - 01/28/05 04:27 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Or when you're at work.......you're emailing me! Busted!

Ha Ha!! new
      #143936 - 01/28/05 06:29 PM
Augie

And emailing Michele, and my cousin, and my sister-in-law, and my best friend, and... I do have to get some actual work done!! There's too many other things/people I'd rather be concentrating on than work.

But I'll always have time for my Casey!
And Jessica has been such a support during my little breakdown earlier in the week.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Ha Ha!! new
      #143989 - 01/29/05 06:42 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I'm glad that I have been some help to you. This whole IBS thing sucks, I know, and is definitely frustrating to me. I hate having to obsess about what I eat, taking my fiber, when I'm going to have a BM....it reminds me of years ago when I had an ED. I still haven't received the g-zymes, but again I haven't checked my mail either....so, I will let you know about that. I'm curious and anxious to find out if they work better than Triphala...they're supposed to I guess...Take care Beth and I'll talk to you soon.

Jessica

Hey sweetie! new
      #144210 - 01/29/05 09:05 PM
Augie

You said it. This does suck big time!!! Totally relate with obsessing 24/7 on what to eat, what not to eat, how my body is going to react to what I eat, when to fit it taking SFS, triphala, meds, and all the other crap, I mean supplements. It's exhausting. And half the time I can't remember if I took one thing or the other, which stresses me out too. Did I just take my magnesium, or was that a klonopin I just took! I feel like an old lady with my pill container and my citricel (old people stuff)!

This is worse than obsession with the ED. At least then it was just not to eat. Didn't involve pain or all these supplements and meds. Boy I thought nothing could be worse than the anorexia and bulimia. Was I wrong!

Do you think that the eating disorder is what is causing our IBS? I do. I think I screwed up my GI system royaly from the abuse I put my body through. I think the bowels are confused and the whole GI system is whacked permanently. I know there are at least 3 other people on the boards besides you and me who have had an Eating Disorder before this all started so I don't think it is a coincidence.

Seems like a cruel joke that once we decide to get healthy and eat right our bodies now won't allow us. First we chose not to eat and now our bodies won't let us eat. That's cruel irony, isn't it?

Let me know how the g-zymes go for you, if you ever check your mail! I have some miralax now, but didn't start it yet. For some reason I had D today . I ate Lentil soup 4 days in a row in a desperate effort to have a BM! Total gas!!! Good thing I live alone!! But it did it's job, even during the week when I usually can't go (shy bowel thing). But I must of O.D. on them because this morning, Yipes!. Plus, I was taking prunes at night!!

So maybe I'll just cut the lentils to every other day and just deal with the gas for those days!

Oh, I saw your question to Michele on why she is stopping miralax. Just wanted to let you know that I pulled up that post from like a year ago, so she isn't going off of it now. I don't know why she was going to before, but I assure you, she swears by that medication and will never give it up until they come up with a cure for IBS. Like that will ever happen. These scientists don't seem to care very much about helping the IBS folks. Maybe if they had to live like this they might try a little harder to find something!

And thanks again for your kind words earlier in the week when I lost it. When I read that post downing triphala, I just cried. I just wanted to give up. I try so hard to research and to look for anything that will help. And the post just kind of was another slap in the face. Just one more hope that was squashed! Yes, this IBS has consumed my life. If I'm not doubled over in pain, I'm on the IBS board or the internet researching treatments. That's all I do. I don't socialize or have fun or anything. My life is consumed with IBS crap. Gotta work on that. But then I feel guilty if I'm not trying to find a treatment. So, guess I can't win.
I should have emailed you this, as I'm sure noone is going to be interested in reading my long post!

--------------------
~ Beth

Nonsense! new
      #144219 - 01/29/05 10:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm interested, and I read it. Not that I have anything helpful to add in response, but...

You're a brave woman. Lentils *and* prunes? Wow. See? I *told* you you'd get braver about eating different foods, hehe.

Re: Augie... new
      #144236 - 01/30/05 12:06 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

tell me honey, are you feeling better???

I have missed a lot of your posts, sorry for that. You have been on my mind, and just thinking of ya.

Aw Casey new
      #144281 - 01/30/05 08:01 AM
Augie

I should have known my friend Casey would care what I had to share! And thanks for the !

Wasn't sure if I had shared with you my past life as an anorexic, but guess the secrets out now for everyone's eyes!

Believe me, the lentils and prunes were eaten out of pure desparation. My doc's nurse asked what food I have eaten in the past that had cause me to be D. Well about 7 years ago I had the worst attack of D from trying lentils one time. So that's what I tried. Pure desparation.

I must admit, I have been looking on the Vegas Board to see what other people have been listing as the food they have eaten while reporting in and that has given me some courage to also think about trying those foods. I advice anyone with fear of new foods to visit that sight and see what others are doing (while still surviving).

I don't know though, because once again this morning I have woken up to D and that crampy D feeling, if you know what I mean. Like it's there, and just waiting to come out. Safe solubles for me today, but then I worry that I am setting myself up for C for the rest of the week. What is an IBSer to do! This crazy balancing act. But I am thankful I did go, just hate this quezzy feeling yesterday and today.

I didn't have lentils yesterday, but did eat 2 prunes, so those are out tonight as well!

Nice new pic. You could be a model for real. All your pics are great. Maybe by springtime I'll have one up. But my pictures all look like Driver License pictures Wouldn't want the world wibe web to get hold of that!!! I would just have to ask my coworker (with the digital camera who offered to take the picture) to take 50 million so I could pick out one that may have turned out okay!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1232 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review