All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chicken is totally out of the question, I've had to eat it for toooo long !
      #143409 - 01/27/05 12:03 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

If I have to look,think,taste,or smell of chicken again, I think I will scream. I have cooked it in every fashion possible. I just can't stand it any more.

Beef, no way.

Pork, no way.

I love shrimp, and fish. I don't care for fish that has been frozen. I guess it is because of living on the coast and having fresh fish accessible is the only way for me to eat it. I just don't usually want to make the drive to get it.

I guess chicken is going to be off of my "to eat" list for a long while.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken is totally out of the question, new
      #143429 - 01/27/05 12:27 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was vegetarian (well I WAS vegan) and now only eat fish so I guess we're on the same kind of diet now! Totally agree on the frozen fish thing...it's just not the same. I just wish fresh fish lasted longer in the fridge!

Re: Chicken is totally out of the question, new
      #143567 - 01/27/05 10:38 PM
gigi

I know, I know. I have a friend who owns a shrimp boat. I think I will call him up and tell him I have to have some fish, regularly. He will keep me in supply, usually when he brings me surprises, its just that, a surprise, a gift
. Now, I am going to offer to pay him, because fish and shrimp are about all I am going to be able to eat.

He is such a honey, I know he will take care of me. I will even tell him to call me, I will come down to the dock to pick it up. I still hate this IBS.

well, how about.............. new
      #143742 - 01/28/05 09:37 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

How do you feel about ground turkey? I love it as a substitute for beef. Can you tolerate beans? I love them as a good source of protein and often build a meal around them. What about eggs? I love to take a can of sliced new potatoes and mix them with egg whites and fry it up.
simple and easy.

Soups or sandwiches are another good way to simplify eating, but yet keep it a little different than the usual chicken we all eat so much of.

hope this helps a little.
Terri

Re: well, how about.............. new
      #143798 - 01/28/05 11:23 AM
gigi

Thanks Terri, you are so sweet, I love ya!

Wish I could eat a dang bean !!!!!! Love them, they don't love me!!!

Re: Chicken is totally out of the question, I've had to eat it for toooo long ! new
      #143822 - 01/28/05 12:04 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hubby gets tired of chicken sometimes too, so here's how I mix things in...

turkey sausage is wonderful and can be mixed with pastas, added to safe pizza, wrapped in crescent roles or mixed into cassaroles...

Ground turkey tacos are also yummy. Just use the taco sauce mix from the store with ground turkey.

Hubby hates mushrooms, but I often cook with portobellos, and they actually can kind of work as a meet substitute - they're great for grilling!

I also use turkey bacon in some things and although I have never tried it, I've heard of some people eating turkey ham. Versitle things those turkeys!!

Good luck and hope this helpful.

Mindy

Re: Thanks for the suggestions girls !!!!! nt new
      #143962 - 01/28/05 07:59 PM
gigi

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 485 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1641

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review