Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Been absent and lost from here
      #142995 - 01/26/05 12:42 PM
Jerryn

Reged: 02/22/04
Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Hi
I haven't posted on here for a long time. So confused with all that is still going on with me. They have been treating me for delayed gastric emptying for quite awhile now, diet, meds, pain killlers etc. I even tried accupuncture. I just got back from flying over 675 miles to Kingston, On to see Dr. Paterson from Queen's University. After mostly testing my esophagus(I have acid reflux, spasms still, nausea, bloating) he also started me on Zelnorm 6 mg. twice per day. well, I am male 1st of all, but he said males are using it more and more with good results all the time. However, only been on it for 4 days, but the explosive "D" hasn't subsided. Dizziness and nausea and cramps are side effects, but the "D" is worst. Will it subside, slow down? Is there something I can do to help the D while I am on the Zelnorm?

Thanks
Jerry the Canadian Kid (well I wish I were a kid)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Been absent and lost from here new
      #143050 - 01/26/05 02:05 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Eeek... if the D is that bad, I'd be worried about taking the Zelnorm, personally. Have you spoken with your doctor about this? Has he said that it's normal? (I wouldn't consider it normal, but that's just me.)

Good luck! I've never been on Zelnorm so I'm afraid I can't offer any better advice... maybe someone else will have some ideas for you!

#143100 - 01/26/05 03:00 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

My GI had me on Zelnorm and I had to take sick leave the entire time due to explosive D, gas and bloating. I stopped taking it on my own and just followed Heather's diet and recommendations from others on the board.

I wish I could be of more help. See if your doc can give you something else.

Also, if you read the instructions that come with the Zelnorm it states, "do not take if you have chronic D".

Good Luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Lene! new
      #143129 - 01/26/05 03:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I haven't seen you around lately! Or have you been here and I've just been missing your posts? LOL! How have you been?

#143136 - 01/26/05 04:21 PM
truenorth

Reged: 01/25/05
Loc: Colorado

The Dr's told me Zelnorm helps more if you constipated not with EX D's so I only take it when I am Const. They also told me to take the fiber pill to help with my EX D's 2pills 3x daily. Have not had to go today which is safe and happy so far but I havent ate I am new IBS and was told 2 days ago about changing my diet. When I eat tonight the nite mare starts:(I love food and now everything goes right through me like a train. I hate it but i have to change some things to see if they work. R-CO

Re: Lene! new
      #143494 - 01/27/05 04:04 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi Casey - your hair looks great!

I have not had a lot of time to come to the boards except when I am at home (too many nosey people in the office).

I have, however, been giving others advise using you as my mentor! You are so kind and thoughtful. Everybody loves you because you really try to help people - and do.

I started the fruit cups, diced peaches, pears and applesauce (in their own juice). I also added peas and carrots (canned) and it has been working okay for me. Five months and no D or C!

I still have some gas and bloating, but I'm working on it.

I owe you a lot, as well as everyone on this board. It was your post that woke me up to the fact that I was not getting enough insolubles and now that I have started adding them (slowly) I feel much better.

It is great to hear from you and thanks for all the advice. I will remember you always as the one who woke up Lene!

BIG BIG HUGS and GOOD KARMA to you every day.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1745

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review