All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
after you eat?????
      #142685 - 01/25/05 05:32 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I have lost weight due to the fact that everytime I eat I feel sick - it is like I do not even want to eat - I have started drinking hot tea during and after I eat - I hope it works!

Anyone have this same problem - what to do????????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: after you eat????? new
      #142694 - 01/25/05 06:07 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I *had* the same problem, and I'll be totally honest - for me it was very much an anxiety thing, although I didn't *feel* anxious, I just felt sick and not like eating. The only thing that truly helped was going on an anti-anxiety medication. But that's just my experience.

What helped a little before I went on lexapro was forcing myself to eat a little something - even if it was just a couple crackers - every hour. Yes, that often. I also ate a lot of ginger - ginger tea, ginger chews, sometimes just candied ginger. Ginger altoids would probably even work. It seemed to settle things down, and eating actual meals wasn't so bad anymore.

Good luck!

#142697 - 01/25/05 06:12 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I often don't feel like eating either, and I agree with Casey that ginger really helps me with this problem.

--------------------
~Angela

#142757 - 01/26/05 12:33 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I get the same thing. I get hungry-nausea, and then after I eat I get full-nausea. It can last for weeks at a time. I've dropped a kilo and a half in the last fortnight, because I'm away from home and my usual safety foods aren't available here!

I find sucking on peppermints helps, and eating plain things like crackers. The peppermints help clear other tastes out of my mouth, and the sugar helps keep me going a bit when I can't bring myself to eat proper food.
I also rely on ginger beer a lot... but be careful of the carbonation in it.

--------------------
*Emma*

Alternative for ginger beer.... new
      #142760 - 01/26/05 12:58 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Don't know if it's available in New Zealand or the USA but over here you can get ginger beer cordial which tastes like the real thing, is made from real ginger syrup and has no carbonation so no gas! I love the stuff.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Alternative for ginger beer.... new
      #142777 - 01/26/05 04:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You guys have all the good stuff! Not fair!

I've never seen that over here. I'm jealous!

Try Boiled Water Instead of Tea! new
      #142810 - 01/26/05 06:59 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I get nauseous if I don't eat on time. I recommend you eat small portions often -- even when you don't feel like it. If you haven't already done so, please switch to organic food. I found conventional poultry and produce often made me nauseous when I ate it. You never know what is in conventional food or whether it is genetically modified.

Rather than drinking hot tea, may I suggest just boiled water? Aside from being incredibly cheap(!), it's extremely soothing. Before I discovered Heather's diet, I used to drink boiled water with every meal - during and after the meal -- and I found it really helped sooth my stomach and enabled me to tolerate the food better.

Belinda

start simple in the AM with SFS and then a small meal... new
      #142815 - 01/26/05 07:13 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

then eat a small amount often.. I aim for 6 small meals a day and have no issues, when I do fewer unless its going ot bed early and skipping that "second dinner" as DH calls it,I feel better and the nausea and pain don't get there with each meal...

I eat in the AM.. then with both my breaks at work, and on my lunch, and after work, and dinner.. so it =6 meals, but some of them are tiny- I aim for about 200 calories each, with 2-3 that are double that or that average over the day...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#142896 - 01/26/05 09:24 AM

I was just put on effexor 2x per day - maybe I am more anxious than I think. I have been trying heather's diet pretty much and still feel the same - always lousy! I was taking Miralax 2x eacah day but have cut down to once per day - I hope that is enough - I am also taking before every meal a librax (once per meal). I wish I could just enjoy eating - I can not afford to lose weight and have lost 7 pounds - help!!!!!!!!

Re: start simple in the AM with SFS and then a small meal... new
      #142898 - 01/26/05 09:26 AM

Give me some suggestions on what you would suggest for a soluble fiber supplement. I usually eat oatmeal which is a soluble - anything else? I have a hard time figuring out what is good (exactly what SFS entails) and what is not???

Thanks for your help!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 828 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6504

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review