All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Amy's organic burritos
      #142186 - 01/24/05 07:14 PM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Has anyone tried Amys Organics bean and rice or Bean and vegetable burritos? I have two of them in my freezer for when I want a quick dinner, but am afraid to try them for fear of gas due to the beans. I havent bought any sort of frozen meal besides veggie burgers in years but thought these looked promising. What do you think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Amy's organic burritos new
      #142233 - 01/25/05 02:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I haven't had these, but I have had other Amy's items.. if the beans are safe for you, go for it! I love beans and find no issues from them, but have built up a lifelong tolerance due to eating them a LOT... some people need to slowly increase bean intake like they do SFS or soybean products... good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#142273 - 01/25/05 04:54 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I've had them several dozen times and haven't had any problems at all. Just make sure you don't get the one with the cheese as I did that by mistake once and paid for it.

#142542 - 01/25/05 01:00 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I love amy's food! However, I cannot tolerate any beans whatsoever. If you haven't eaten beans in awhile, I would start with just a small bit of the burrito and wait several hours to see what happens! Good luck.

#142687 - 01/25/05 05:36 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

These are great...very yummy. I think they have black beans, right? Those are supposed to the beans that are better for you. I haven't had them in awhile, but I remember I did good with them. Try 'em out. I'm IBS=C by the way.

Jessica

#142726 - 01/25/05 08:03 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I have never tried Amy's burritos, but now that you mention them I might. Where would I mostly likely find these, grocery store? health store?

However, I make my own burritos with organic tortillas and mashed up black beans and cilantro, all the time and do fine. But I do take a digestive enzyme with every meal.

#142771 - 01/26/05 04:27 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

I've had the dairy-free blue wrapper one. I think it just has spices, rice and pinto beans in it. I doctored mine up with soy cheese, guacamole, salsa and olives. YUM.

I would suggest like someone else did above...start slow. Eat a 1/4 of one to see how you respond.

Good luck!

#142779 - 01/26/05 05:19 AM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Not sure what stores you have there, but I got them at Harris Teeter, which is a regular grocery store that has a moderate selection of soy/organic stuff. Also could find them at Whole Foods or another health food type grocery store. I think I'll try it for dinner next week (after my marathon this weekend)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1257

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review