All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thanks, I thought they used to make... new
      #190824 - 07/01/05 08:49 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

quaker brand with white rice too...or maybe I'm just reading labels more diligently now too! They seem so light and "airy" compared to HFS kinds, I never assumed they were brown rice!

I think the rice krispy treats have butter in them? That's why I thought it contained dairy. I've been GF so long, I forgot exactly what the problem was with them.

I always ask the deli counter people to see the ingredient listings on the back of an unopened meat package if the one they have is removed already. I get the dirtiest looks when they have to go back to the freezer or refrigerator to get another package! If they refuse, I don't buy it. I tell them I have food intolerance, and they look at me like "whatever"!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It's the preservatives. new
      #190838 - 07/01/05 10:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

They use nitrates to preserve deli meat and some people can have issues with them or just don't like the idea.

brown rice new
      #190866 - 07/01/05 11:34 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think I handle brown rice fine, but I don't like it so I never eat it. I had it some time ago in jamabalaya. I would rather have white rice with lots of insoluble veggies.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (07/01/05 11:34 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 478 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review