All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Favorite Quick Meals
      #140308 - 01/20/05 08:40 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I was looking for some ideas of peoples fav quick meals. I have IBS-c but with a lot of nausea. Nothing really appeals.I was just wondering what some people liked. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Favorite Quick Meals new
      #140319 - 01/20/05 09:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Check out the recipe board!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#140437 - 01/20/05 02:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

For quick lunches I like a microwaved sweet potato or Healthy Choice soup. For quick dinners I get recipes from Cooking Light magazine. They always have some made in 30 minutes or less. Here is one I like.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#140447 - 01/20/05 03:24 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Caprice and welcome to the board!

I'm IBS-D but I've been stable for a whole year (NO D). I do get nauseous because of my migraines and when I'm queasy I usually stick with cereal or plain bagels. Oatmeal is my rescue meal when nothing else sounds good. Also Rice Krispies. Plain white rice with a little poached chicken in it is pretty easy to get down. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches also usually work for me.

Do you take anything for the nausea? Ginger tea, ginger ale, Pepto-Bismol, Dramamine II all help me. Bio-bands that press on the accupressure point also help.

I can totally sympathize. Nothing sounds good when you're a little queasy.

Feel better and keep coming back, okay?!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#140458 - 01/20/05 04:04 PM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Oatmeal is my safe staple, and when I have C I add cut up prunes and that often does the trick. Also I love microwaved sweet potatoes. Veggie burgers cooked in a pan on the stove are so quick and easy so I eat them all the time. Crackers with reduced fat natural peanut butter or natural, sugar free preserves are what I always eat when I feel queasy.

#140584 - 01/21/05 06:39 AM
sueAngell

Reged: 12/03/04

Thank you for asking the question, and for posting answers! I am with caprice...often C and naseous, too. My problem is that while I may feel "off," I often feel hungry. (Not sure if I'm really hungry or if I just think I want to eat.) At any rate, the ideas for simple foods are great. Thanks!

#140615 - 01/21/05 08:51 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Noodles with smart balance butter and soy paremsan. Sometimes I throw on a few cooked veggies. I also love sweet potatoes microwaved with brown sugar and smart balance butter. Turkey burgers out of the freezer with safe oven fries, tuna fish with lemon ,pepper, or fat free mayo on fresh bread.

Sweet potato for lunch new
      #250264 - 03/06/06 12:30 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What would you serve with it? Anything for IF? I need ideas.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#250266 - 03/06/06 12:34 PM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

I like spaghetti with tomato sauce. I cook 1/2 regular, 1/2 whole wheat spaghetti. That way I figure I get both SF and IF. I like soybutter and jelly sandwiches for a real quick lunch. Only a thin smear since fats an issue. I use polaner seedless raspberry. I munch on raw carrots too.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

#250267 - 03/06/06 12:40 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Rice noodles with flavoring (the brand name escapes me) with some veggies thrown in. I tolerate cooked carrots, mushrooms, and green beans well.

If I'm feeling really icky, I go for white rice, either plain or with some Smart Balance Lite.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1967 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review