All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Week from @#$%!!!!!
      #13933 - 07/14/03 12:04 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

This is not really IBS related, but I need to vent. I spent three long days in the hospital last week due to a migraine that would not quit. It woke me up Sat 7/5 at 3am. My husband took me to the emergency room at 8 that morning. They gave me three shots which knocked me out, but not my migraine. I fainted later that day and almost gave my dear husband a heart attack. I didn't want to go back to the er because I knew they would just knock me out. Went to my GP on Monday morning and he admitted me into the hospital. It was late Tuesday before they found a drug that would get rid of the headache. Was released late Wednesday. Anniversary was Thursday. Nothing like a drug hangover on your anniversary. Can you say romantic? I have had two more migraines since being released from the hospital. Today is my first day back at work and it sucks!!!!!! I'm sorry to whine, but I need someone to listen.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Week from @#$%!!!!! new
      #14047 - 07/15/03 06:07 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sorry you had such a rough time. If it makes you feel better, my hubby and I had to celebrate our anniversary IN the hospital! (I'm stuck here for another 8 or so weeks till the baby is born). Let's hope this batch of migraines will be it for a while. Take care.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#14048 - 07/15/03 06:17 AM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

Joy, as a migraine sufferer who has been into the day surgery to get injections, I can understand somewhat how you feel. When my migraines first became uncontrollable I was in high school and had one that literally lasted 25 days. What kind of medication did they give you? What are you taking to prevent migraines? Are they in any way related to menstral period? I'd be more than happy to share some medications and systems I've tried with ya if you are interested.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#14059 - 07/15/03 08:24 AM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

sorry to hear about your migraines. i had a horrible teacher that stressed me out when i was a kid, so from 4th grade on i've been having them.

usually imitrex nasal will help (though it has an awful taste). but i've also used midrin, cafergot, vicodin, and this stuff called panadeine from new zealand (it has codeine yet doesn't knock you out).

occasionally i take excedrine migraine even though it has caffiene and the asprin can upset my tummy. not fun to take one drug and then have to take another to counter the side effects of the first. seems to be the story of my life though hahaha

i hope you are better and the drug hangover wears off soon. it took a while to identify my triggers and unfortunately stress and these damn chemical plants (thanks, exxon) in my back yard seem to be my worst and totally unavoidable.

hugs
amy

#14067 - 07/15/03 10:08 AM
lovejoy_22

Hi! Thanks for all of the support. I am not actually on any preventative medicine yet. Until this point I have been able to fight them with Zomig, but this one happened while I was asleep so I couldn't catch it in time. I would love to know the medications you are on. Feel free to email me at lovejoy_22@hotmail.com.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#14068 - 07/15/03 10:10 AM
lovejoy_22

I am so sorry that you had to celebrate in the hospital. I wish you all of the luck in the world. How are you feeling other than the fact that you are in the hospital?

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#14183 - 07/16/03 08:23 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm OK. Other than missing my son terribly, I'm just fine. Prognosis is really good - with any luck I'll have a scheduled c-section at 36 weeks. (I'm in week 31) Until then, I'm to take it easy and lots of bedrest.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 974

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review