All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
uk message board
      #138982 - 01/16/05 04:00 AM
Frankie uk

Reged: 10/24/04

could anyone tell me how to access the uk branchh of this brilliant web-site?
I was doing fairly well until I went to a friends house who had made me dinner-APORK CHOP!!!I ate it to be polite but I knew that it would put me back to the beginning so I wasn't surprised to spend the evening in the bathroom.Does anybody else have such difficulty in saying'NO'

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: uk message board new
      #138985 - 01/16/05 04:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

As far as I know, there is no UK branch of this site.

I'm probably the only person on this board who has no problem at all saying "no". I recently went to someone's house, she had nothing in her entire house that was IBS-friendly, so I just didn't eat. She seemed far more embarassed about it than I was. It just doesn't bother me anymore. Then again, I've had IBS for 17 years, so I suppose I've had time to get used to being difficult.

Hope you feel better!

Im from the UK!!! new
      #138991 - 01/16/05 05:12 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Frankie,

Nice to meet you....Im in the UK, Im from Merseyside but Im at uni in Leeds at the moment. There isnt any UK branch of this site, thats why its so great...cos there are literally people from all over the world on here...you make friends very easily and its great for when you're going abroad or something cos theres always someone whos either been there or lives there who can give you great advice! Ive been on Heathers diet for a year now so if theres anything you want to ask me then email me, its on my profile!

Theres quite a few brits on this site...Cailin(sinead) is Irish, Linz is in Berkshire, theres also Britsarah(who hasnt been around for a while) aswell as quite a few more I cant think of....stick around....anything you want to know, just ask!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: uk message board new
      #138996 - 01/16/05 05:38 AM
Frankie uk

Reged: 10/24/04

thanks for your help, I definitely will pick all your collective brains, but I'm sure that I read that Linz had set something up over here-she's based in Newbury isn't she?

Yea she has.... new
      #138999 - 01/16/05 05:44 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Its just a support board on here for people who go to her meetings...I havent spoken to Linz for a while so Im not entirely sure how its going...I may post on her board...last time I checked there was only a few posts on it...if you click where it says IBS support groups at the top right of the page you'll find it.

--------------------
Natalie

UK Support Group new
      #139216 - 01/17/05 03:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I have been so slack about organising another meeting, but I have just posted on the support group board. If anyone's interested in coming to a February meeting, post on the SG board or email me and let me know.

Re: Im from the UK!!! new
      #139219 - 01/17/05 03:23 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hello - I'm from the UK! Recently developed a worse case of IBS than I had before, but am starting to regulate out thanks to this site! Doctors really don't seem to understand and just send you packing telling you that you are nuts and to get over yourself! Its nice to know that there are lots of other people out there, and you aren't on your own, especially knowing people in the UK are out there too! Thanks guys!

Re: UK Support Group new
      #143299 - 01/27/05 08:39 AM

Unregistered

Hello everyone

Another brit here (Coventry) Anyone near me??

Judith

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 885 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 926

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review