All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
organic acacia
      #138754 - 01/15/05 06:40 AM
saladman

Reged: 12/29/04
Loc: New Jersey

Can you buy organic acacia at a health food store in small quantities? I'm going on a trip and would like to take acacia with me. I'm fearfull in taking that white powder in a baggie.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: organic acacia new
      #138765 - 01/15/05 08:04 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Can only get it on the website, unfortunatly. Wow, never thought about taking it on an airplane nowadays! Can't you just put it in a closed colored container. They wouldn't question a closed container, and if they tasted it they would know it wasn't drugs.
Don't use a clear plastic bag. That would look suspicious

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#138771 - 01/15/05 08:31 AM
katew

Reged: 01/15/05
Loc: bristol england uk

Does acacia work for you. I have had chronic constipation for years having had chronic diarrhoea for years before that. I am really worried that taking acacia or any other soluble fibre supplement will give me diarrhoea again. Any insight into this would be very gratefully received

#138789 - 01/15/05 09:25 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry I personally do not take acacia. I called the website number and they are the ones who told me it can only be bought through this website, not in HFS.

I too used to have chronic D for years! Like 7 to 8 times a day. Lost tons of weight, lost my job, etc. Then I turned chronic C also! I don't understand this IBS!

I take Citrucel 3 times a day plus 400 mg magnesium, zelnorm and trihala her for the C. To answer your question, the SFS did not cause me to have D again. I sort of wished it would do something though! I wouldn't be afraid of D as a side effect no matter what SFS you take. Look at Heathers posts at the top of this board. It gives a lot of info on how SFS work for both D and C. Suppose to keep you from being neither. Even folks who are straight D are recommended to take an SFS to help bulk up the stool.

My opinion of SFS is still not in. I don't know if it is helping me or actually causing more pain, bloat, and gas. But others on the board, both C and D swear by them. GL with your decision and let us know what you decide to do.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#138873 - 01/15/05 02:51 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Saladman! I don't think we've met yet! Welcome! As Beth says, acacia is only available here. As far as taking it on a plane, there was a very funny discussion about that a while back. I think the general consensus was no one had ever had any trouble, believe it or not! Some people did prefer to transfer it to small jars or tupperware dishes or even put it in an old Citrucel container. You could also bring a printout from this website explaining what it is.

Good luck, and welcome again!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

White powder in baggie?? new
      #138959 - 01/15/05 09:51 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Haha, I had the same thought when I took mine to Hawaii a couple weeks ago, like are they going to think it's cocaine or Anthrax?? But I just had it in my luggage and there was no problem, so you should be fine!

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4071 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1099

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review