All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Abby new
      #138774 - 01/15/05 08:40 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hey! I am going to add some vegetables - I dont like squash but I have eaten carrots a few times. I really only eat potatoes other than that. The turkey burgers I eat are not the frozen ones. I just buy Ground Turkey Breast at the grocery store and make really thin hamburger patties and barbecue or fry them with a little bit of garlic salt. They arent too bad but Im getting sick of them quick! How do you cook your chicken? I just do the same thing as I do with my turkey - Ive never tried any other seasonings or anything like that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow, you tried a salad! new
      #138776 - 01/15/05 08:46 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Those scare me to death. Raw lettuce! I'm so proud of you for trying something new!! And you do strawberries with seeds too and soy! Is your cream of rice the one by nabisco or is it a cream of brown rice. I do Lundbergs cream of brown rice for the increase fiber. I hope it is okay. See now I'm getting scared again because if you do plain white cream of rice then I may be doing something bad and it may be hurting me. I always hurt.

What other fruits do you do?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

A question for all the leery eaters new
      #138781 - 01/15/05 08:54 AM
Augie

Do you guys take an SFS at all? Just wondering because those scare me too! The bloating and gas that they could cause. Just curious.

Also, have you guys considered a digestive enzyme? When I eat it helps me to feel better that I have some "help" digesting the food. I use something called Digestive Gold. It has a high amounnt of digestive enzymes in them.

--------------------
~ Beth

Abby, how'd the sweet potato go? new
      #138784 - 01/15/05 08:57 AM
Augie

Are you on an SFS? Are you D or C or A? How long have you been doing this diet now?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: A question for all the leery eaters new
      #138786 - 01/15/05 09:10 AM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

My drs, have said not to take anything at this time. But to get the fiber from the solubles and from the omega 3 capsules I use. What happens for me, is that they are trying to slow down the transit time of food entering and leaving. To stop the spasms naturally. She also recommended that I give it time to balance out. Again dealing with the fear of what I might eat that would trigger the spasms staying in one cycle too long. The fear is what I am trying the hardest to deal with. Remember Bill Cosby's joke about a snake being at the foot of this little childs bed, his family had told him if he got out of that bed a snake would bite him. Well the kid keeps sticking his foot out a little bit each time, and finally he realized that there was no snake there to bite him, That's what I am trying to do with this fear of all foods, touch em just a little bit until I realize it's not going to get me....:) But I have lined up in my drainboard, Benefiber, sugar free, and Papaya enzymes that I use. The Dr. took the others and said that some of the natural ones are simply meant to work like a laxative. But if you have IBS D it may not be a good thing to take enzymes.

I wonder that too. new
      #138787 - 01/15/05 09:14 AM
Augie

If I am just more centered on my bowels and tummy than other people. Always conscious of every noise or gurgle. But no, I do think my pain is real, the spasms are definatly real ( I can see my stomach actually moving) and my reactions are real. Probably though increased by the anxiety. Yes, let's all give feedback on new foods we try. Problem is, what may be okay for one, may not be okay for another. You know what I mean? I'm still scared to eat a banana or do soy yogurt even though you guys can.

My diet is
Breakfast: cooked quinoa, cooked cream of brown rice, or cooked Mighty tasty GF cereal with cooked papaya or canned peaches. I have recently tried adding 1/2T ground flaxseed for a little fiber since I am C usually.

Lunch: Deli Chicken or turkey breast on GF bread, canned pears

Snack: dry corn puffs or baked potato chips

Dinner: chicken or fish, white rice/potato/rice noodles/or buchwheat noodles, cooked veggie (carrots, squash, spinach or green beans)

Snack: GF roll with smart squeeze margarine and glass rice milk

I also take citricel 3 times a day.

Recent additions: flaxseed (a little), sweet potato (think that may have cause the loose stools this am, but will try again to make sure, cuz they are quit tasty!), a little brown rice mixed in with white rice, egg whites with mushrooms.

What I want to try: chocolate soy milk, strawberries and blueberries in my cereal or smoothie, peas, cooked onion in potato soup, bananas, hummus, oh, too many to list.

This thread is so long. I feel like others may be getting upset that we are monopolizing this board! Sorry everyone.

--------------------
~ Beth

#138788 - 01/15/05 09:18 AM
Augie

I am IBS C or sometimes A so the enzymes should be okay,hopefully I just know I feel safer eating when I take them. So are you going to start taking the benefiber? I'm confused as you said your doc said not too?

Good example with the snake. I'll have to remember that. Food is my snake. And in the Bible we all know what trouble that snake caused.

--------------------
~ Beth

#138802 - 01/15/05 09:56 AM
Harmony

I am not going to take the Benefiber until the Dr. say's to try it.( I just got it handy,,,like she said one day, if you are feeling afraid, just hold it for awhile. I do that with my anxiety medicine too, if I start feeling that fear, I simply will hold it in my hand and breathe and count to about 30 and I calm down, and the attack in my gut start passing. Right now switching to some of the solubles and adding more protein to my diet has already showed remarkable changes in my spasms and bowel habits. This may sound dumb...but at the grief counseling classes I go to, they recommend writing a letter to the fear, to the "snake" the first one, is as to an enemy. What do you we say to something that is definately a threat to us. Or seems to have taken something valuable from us? I had a very hard time with that,,,tore up about 10 pages of rage. I lost 3 people I loved and had been caregiver for about 3 of the most critical years of thier lives. That's when I became very fearful and developed my eating disorder. I am thankful the other person survived his illness and yet I grieve for the loss of that person also.
The most important thing I have to try and keep upfront in my thinking is that I am not a bad person because I listen to that "snake". I have been seduced and inticed beyond what God has allowed. And I just have to find the roadmap back to wellness. I believe that God wants us to live quality lives while we are here. But it's sure hard to let go and let God..I still blame God for the pain I have endured.

Re: Harmony new
      #138837 - 01/15/05 11:47 AM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

You are a very interesting person. I like the letter writing idea. It can't hurt! I have no fear of fiber but, fear of other foods because I'm allergic to so many foods and have celiac disease. Thanks.

I'm sorry about all your loss that you suffered. I hope it will slowly get better for you.

Love,

Jamie

Love,

Jamie

Re: Harmony new
      #138838 - 01/15/05 12:04 PM
Harmony

I think everyone here is special, and needing to have a voice and get imput about what the heck is going on with our bodies. and our minds. I was sitting at the Drs. and realized that all of us were on some type of meds for our personal reasons. And I thought about how we are all out there driving around, doing our business, working and trying to stay connected without creating chaos!...:) I asked how many of us had driven ourselves to the Drs. and we all chuckled. I suggested we leave one at a time to avoid any excitmeent in the parking lot...:) But Heather and all of you are offering a new way through this hell. I am so excited to be able to read so many posts that not only identify what's got me, but offer kind, funny words of encouragement to get on down the road...:) I called Laura a windwalker,,,at first I was afraid, considering the subject of this bbs that she would take it wrong..:) A windwalker is a special person that my grandmother, a indian, said could walk through fire, connect to mother earth, and be lifted up to the heavens with special medicine and walk with the old sages of our past.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 965 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 45939

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review