All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Augie, one more thing new
      #140203 - 01/19/05 08:50 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Victimised and imprisoned are two such defining words for IBS. But when you are victimised and imprisoned by something it takes such strength to break free. Perhaps I'm just lucky that my BMs have remained stable, despite my eating any fruit and veg I like, as well as indulging in a few treats. Or perhaps I'm just lucky and I have it sussed what I can afford to cheat with and what I can't. Either way I really hope one day you and everyone else can get it figured as well. Not that I've got this whole damn IBS nonsense sussed, but I do feel so much better (mentally) with more foods in my diet And it really helps that there's a miriad of GF substitutes that I reckon taste even better then wheat! so I can bake anything under the sun.

Have a good sleep. Maybe you'll be up for trying something new tomorrow. I have one yummy suggestion if you like cooking - pumpkin, spinach and goats cheese frittata. Delicious

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do you know new
      #140204 - 01/19/05 08:53 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Haha, Pickle chips are just sliced pickles in a jar. Maybe calling them pickle chips is a New York thing.
We all ask a lot of questions in the beginning. The biggest secret is to try to RELAX.
Yes, I manage my IBS with just the diet and acacia, plus the hypno CDs. I also have hyoscamine which I take very seldomly, when I think what I'm eating will give me D. I also use Equalactin and Gas-x as needed. I tend to go through several boxes of each in a week, and then not need them at all for a month. I also exercise at least 3 times a week, and I make sure to try to de-stress in other ways. For example, I never miss Karaoke on Thursday nights, and I rarely miss Church on Sunday. Every little bit helps.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

PS -- new
      #140207 - 01/19/05 08:58 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

None of us got stable overnight. It took me several months of obsessively sticking to the diet to start to feel really a lot better. Even when my symptoms were gone, I felt like one false move and BAM they'd be back. Now after having my symptoms under control for over a year, I feel I am truly stable. I've had about 1 attack in the last 2 months, and it involved refried beans, stress, and tight pantyhose. In the three months before that, I had about 2 attacks. So, it takes a while, but you'll get there. Don't get discouraged, and don't look for a magic bullet or an instant cure. You'll get there.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Feeling hopeless with reason new
      #140214 - 01/19/05 09:40 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Dear Beth,

I have been away from the boards, I am sorry to have seemed to be neglecting you. I am really not, I have just had an awful lot of stress on me, andI am trying to get some calm and quiet in my life lately. (giving up on that one.)

I just want to say, when I first found this diet I was a D. I found myself stabilizing rather quickly. I was using a SFS, KONSYL. It helped me, after I got through the initial gassiness phase. I no longer take it, because I am a C now. One thing, and I am not sure I have heard you mention it, do you keep a food diary? I think that would be the way to find out if things like oatmeal can be a trigger for you. I have heard so many people say how much a food diary helped them. I still have my days, I don't really have D, but I will go to the bathroom again, and again, and .....then a few hours later, I am so C I am miserable. What is up with that??? I dont understand it either.

I am having some reaction to my Lexapro, so I am going to quit it tomorrow. My tongue is burning, worse after eating some foods, but at times it really bothers me. I think it is a reaction to that med. I remember it bothering me from the beginning, but I thought that after a few months, it would go away. It hasn't, soooo, I am so tired of being uncomfortable that I am going to stop the L right away. I will figure out what comes next after I talk to my doc.

Hope things get much better for you soon, I miss talking to you honey. Let me know how it goes. gayla

Gigi new
      #140353 - 01/20/05 11:26 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Aw, I know you would never neglect me. But I have been wondering where you were at. Hope things have calmed down. what's been going on?

I have tried a food diary, but they don't work for me. I think it might help more with D folks. But for me there is no link between foods I have eaten and the amount of gas, bloat, and C I have . I have tried repeatedly and have now given this up as I can eat the same food one day and have less symptoms as when I eat the same food a week later.
I have a hard time pinpointing exact foods, still wondering about bananas, soy, and brown rice as a few examples, because I hurt and am gassy all the time. Any suggestions?

I think all the meds I am to help go (colace, zelnorm, citrucel) are maybe the cause of the gas and not so much the food? I don't know and I don't know how to figure it out.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1968 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 45728

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review