Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Did I do something wrong??
      #138051 - 01/13/05 11:05 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Hi everyone-
I began adding insoluble fiber back into my diet last night- For supper I had b/s chicken breast on the goeorge foreman grill with a baked potato with smart balance light buttery spread, salt and pepper, and mashes up peas and carrot mix. I put 7 drops of beano on the veggies as I wanted to try to prevent some gas... I have been on zelnorm for the last 5 days because I had a terrible attack last Monday night which landed me in the hospital for 3 days while they ran all kinds of tests to make sure it wasnt anything else... I HAVE NOT been taking my citrucel on a daily basis since coming out of the hospital, because the zelnorm was making me go. Previously i only used 1 scoopful = to 1 heaping tablespoon. And now today I havent had my normal morning BM. I am not in severe pain or anything but I feel like if I don't go today I will work myself into a tizzy, (I know myself).
I did just take 1 teaspoonful with water to start myself up again on it... Did I do something wrong?? Would the beano hurt me in any way or am I just not ready to go yet today??? Any ideas?

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Did I do something wrong?? new
      #138077 - 01/13/05 12:11 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

The Beano will not hurt you, it is an enzyme. You are probably not ready to go yet. Give it some time and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#138081 - 01/13/05 12:18 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You can take zelnorm and citrucel at the same time. So, I'm not sure why you decided to stop the citrucel. Was it causing you problems?

Not taking it could be the reason you havn't gone. Why not keep taking it along with the zelnorm. Or perhaps trying a different one?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#138082 - 01/13/05 12:22 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I wouldn't get too upset just yet. I've found that I can go two days without a bm. I get back on the SFS though. I've found them to be very very helpful. Also, are you drinking enough water/liquids? You should be trying for at least 64 oz a day. This should help more than anything.
good luck

#138086 - 01/13/05 12:40 PM
melissam

I literally drink close to 90-100 liters of water a day- I am VERY faithful to the water. I am definately going to work back up to a regular dose of sfs..Thank you for your input. It really helps!

--------------------
Melissa

#138087 - 01/13/05 12:42 PM
melissam

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this-- I was telling my husband I didn't go yet, and that I was concerned and he just has no idea. he thought I was nuts for even worrying that I haven't gone yet.. It actually isn't worry- I guess I just get concerned especially when introducing new things into my digestive tract.

--------------------
Melissa

#138090 - 01/13/05 01:02 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

Zelnorm doesn't make me go everyday. Try not to worry about it, especially if you feel fine. I start fretting when I feel uncomfortable and its been days since I've had a decent bm.

#138096 - 01/13/05 01:25 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Don't stop taking the fiber, even if you're going everyday - it's not going to make you go more or anything - it is to regulate you! You need to take it everyday no matter what!

Also - everyone's different, but if I ate taht light butter spread, I would be sick! I can only tolerate soy butter.

--------------------
~Cara~

Is soy margarine better new
      #138181 - 01/13/05 07:08 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

than the Earth Balance for our tummies?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Is soy margarine better new
      #138209 - 01/13/05 10:10 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Beth, what is an example of a soy margarine brand? I like Earth Balance and don't seem to have problems with it, although I usually don't use very much. It does have a lot of fat though, like 11 grams/tablespoon. does the soy have less fat?

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1725 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12096

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review