All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
No Appetite
      #1379 - 02/24/03 08:34 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Does anyone else find that the more bloated they are the less they feel like eating? I really struggle to stimulate my appetite on "super-bloated" days. I'm not sure if it's purely physical or a little psychological.
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No Appetite new
      #1383 - 02/24/03 11:34 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I am not really sure I know what bloating is , but I have enough of an appetite. I don't need as much as I used to before I started the diet. :)

#1390 - 02/25/03 04:31 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I want to encourage you to try the fennel tea for the bloating, it helped me last night. And also watch the whole thing about the appetite. My IBS was so bad recently that I went 2 weeks barely eating a thing, and I can tell you it made it MUCH MUCH worse and the worse it got, the LESS I wanted to eat. It was a viciuos cycle that I would not wish on anyone. So try hard to stick to those safe foods Heather talks about and take care of yourself!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#1391 - 02/25/03 05:17 AM
mmacrobbie

Reged: 02/12/03

I don't have an answer for the loose of appetite, since I still have this problem, but I have found some relief with a heating pad. If you have the same problem as I do, that when you are bloated, it gives you that almost heartburn feeling. I lie reclined, but not flat, with the heating pad on my belly. I have also found that pants that have a waist band above my bellybutton (I am only 5" so this is a major problem for me!) pushes in too much, no matter how loose the fit. I have found low rise, or elastic waist that can be shifted lower help reduce the bloating feeling. Hope this causes some relief.

#1433 - 02/25/03 06:15 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks for all your advice and support guys!

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#1504 - 02/26/03 04:24 PM
jo1978

Reged: 02/26/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

I find that too - and sometimes if I am bloated & force food down I just end up feeling nauseaus and/or vomiting. I find sucking on peppermints helps calm the nausea and the bloating a bit, and often lets me start eating in a couple of hours.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1256 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1564

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review