Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Anti spasmodics new
      #137600 - 01/12/05 10:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

I am pretty intolerant of most drugs, so you may be able to handle them better than I. But I would say from reading this board for a while now, that most people do avoid taking them during the day if they can. But again, you may have a higher tolerance. Take them on a weekend to see how your body reacts.

I think it's going to be a trial and error thing. I have no problem taking them during the day, so remember that everyone is different.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Antispasmodics new
      #137604 - 01/12/05 10:29 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Guess I didn't read enough responses I thought most people did find them to cause drowsiness! Thought I was finally able to answer a question and help someone!

I did put in bold that she needed to test it on her own body as we are all different. So can I get an E for Effort?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Help new
      #137607 - 01/12/05 10:33 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sheri:

I've gone through the "fear" thing so I know exactly what you're going through. I am still very fearful to try new things.

But I have an excellent handle on my IBS now. I never get pain anymore and only occasional D, usually at very predictable times.

Please e-mail (click on my profile for my e-mail address) and I will be happy to help you. I employ a very natural, common sense approach to controlling my IBS, which includes Heather's dietary laws, eating organic and staying away from prepared foods that contain additives. I don't take any medication for my IBS.

Whereas I used to have sudden painful, unpredictable IBS attacks that would leave me sore for up to two weeks afterwards, I now enjoy a wonderful, pain-free life with a well balanced diet. It took me 45 years to get to this point, but I made it!

I can also give you some tips on food when travelling. I travel back and forth between Canada and the U.S. (five-hour flights east to west coast) all the time and, for one thing, I never touch airline food!

Belinda

Re: Ongoing IBS Attack and IBS reciepes........ new
      #137628 - 01/12/05 11:03 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, the fiber causes food attacks for me. I can tell as soon as I eat something too fiberous that I made a mistake. No amount of simethicone stops those attacks, which is why I limit fiber foods. I would much rather have good quality of life with no pain and forgo these foods than risk it for a quick taste fix. UGH. Totally not worth it, especially if you measure it by the time it takes to eat something and the time I'm bent over in agony, sweating it out for hours. Yeah, Hmmm, I can do that math!!

~nelly~

Re: No Recipes! new
      #137812 - 01/12/05 03:06 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

any dizziness or drowsiness will lessen in a week or two as your body gets used to it. also try taking at night or later in the day when drowsiness is a plus!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Ongoing IBS Attack new
      #137817 - 01/12/05 03:11 PM
LauraSue

Welcome, Dee!

Glad you found us, sorry you had to! :-)

Ditto about the sorbitol possibly being the culprit. I take generic Rite-Aid Gas Relief. Gas-X is just our lazy shorthand for simethicone!

The golden rules for gas are:
1. Drink lots of fennel tea.
2. Avoid gas producing foods
2. Do specific yoga poses.

Here's the link to Heather's page about it:
Gas and Bloating

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Antispasmodics new
      #137821 - 01/12/05 03:14 PM
LauraSue

Beth, my dear, your answer was GOOD!! It was exactly right! Quit beating up on yourself young lady or I'm gonna have to come over there and get strict with you!!!!

You're so adorable! Can I adopt you?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12404

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review