All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Are you taking any prescription anti-spasmodics new
      #140155 - 01/19/05 06:45 PM
david8463

Reged: 10/19/04
Loc: Florida

I spoke with an urologist about a month ago, as I too have had a problem -- a contant urge to go throughout the day. What I learned surprised me. I was told that many young children were taught very early by their mothers during the 50s and 60s to finish quickly when they were sent to the bathroom. This caused the child to force out his/her urine and waste, which is improper. Rather than forcing out, these children should have been taught to relax. This condition can follow a child into his/her adult life and can show up as urgency or that "gotta go-gotta go" feeling. What is needed is for the person is to relearn how to go -- by relaxing, not forcing. For some folks, this process can take as long as three years to learn. If after three months, there is no change, the next step is usually to send the patient to bio-feedback. The urologist said that this condition mimics IBS symptoms such as thin stools.

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will we not fear.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Just found this thread.........very interested. new
      #140896 - 01/22/05 07:51 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Hi Ladies, I was researching my "pain" and very frequent urination and came across Interstitial Cystitis. Then it mentioned in the article that it happens alot in people with IBS so thought I'd check Heather's website for anyone that might have mentioned it and this popped up. Plus, I read the ? about someone having a hysterectomy. I am 46 now but had a total hysterectomy 7 years ago. I am very interested in anyone that has or might have interstitial Cystitis. It's a very new subject to me and I haven't gone to a Dr. yet about it---the tests listed don't sound very fun and to be honest I'm not to keen on the idea of starting in with Dr.'s again to try to "find out" what is wrong with me in that area! Please let me know if you are dealing with this problem and any suggestions for self-treatment, dr. visits, etc. you may have concerning this issue. Thanks a bunch, Ladies!

Not computer literate and put my msg. down below--Please Read new
      #140905 - 01/22/05 08:14 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

I posted a ? about Interstitial Cystitis in this thread but it's down at the bottom--from "tierny". I don't know how to bump it up to the top and I would like to make sure anyone that could answer some ?'s see it. So, please look down at the bottom if you could help me out! Thanks again!

#141419 - 01/23/05 12:26 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi David, I do take anti-spasmodic. Levisn/Hyoscyamnine. I could not make it day to day without it. Some people won; take it because ithas an after effect of drowsiness. I just take it and roll with the flow. everything I eat gives me gas, so wtihout it, I would have a poor quality of life.
I love the stuff, hope ithelps you! They make itin a timed release caplet.

#141420 - 01/23/05 12:29 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi David, I do take anti-spasmodic. Levisn/Hyoscyamnine. I could not make it day to day without it. Some people won; take it because it has an after effect of drowsiness. I just take it and roll with the flow. everything I eat gives me gas, so without it, I would have a poor quality of life.
I love the stuff, hope it helps you! They make it in a timed release caplet.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12330

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review