All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why am I still so gassy
      #135650 - 01/06/05 09:16 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I'm so confused over this. I've been watching my diet (more or less), I'm up to 5grams of SFS everyday & I have a BM almost every night. I also take two fennel capsules & one peppermint oil cap every morning when I get to work. Why then am I still so gassy. It starts from the moment I wake up in the morning. My tummy's all grumbling & gassy and that feeling lasts all day till I get home. I ususally have a BM at around 6 or 7 pm & then I feel a little bit better but only for an hour or so. Then the gas starts up again. I thought that if I have a BM that should stop the gas. I'm not even that bloated anymore but just really really gassy. Please help! any suggestions would be appreciated
Also, does anyone know if applesauce is O.K for IBS-C, which is what I am
thanks
Meryl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why am I still so gassy new
      #135655 - 01/06/05 09:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Applesauce should be just fine! I'm IBS C and eat it all the time!

As for the gas, thats a little tougher. How long have you been on the SFS? Sometimes it can take a few weeks for your body to adjust and it can cause some extra gas in the beginning. Exercise helps to keep the gas from building up. I currently take 2 gas-x at lunch at 2 before bed, this has helped me more than anything. The gas-x will help the bubles from forming and allow the gas to pass easier!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#135681 - 01/06/05 10:14 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Well maybe it is the following the diet "more or less" part. I know if I stray from the diet I get cramps and gas and then usually a bout of D. Or maybe your body is still adjusting, how long have you been on diet and taking SFS? Have you tried OTC gas relievers? Maybe that would help.
I hope you find relief soon,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#135687 - 01/06/05 10:23 AM
Meryl36

I've been on the SFS for about 3 weeks now working my way up to 5 grams. I also took two gas pills this morning on my way into work. I seem to have no problem passing the gas it's just having the gas itself is my problem. Not to be gross but I want to stop farting all the time, it's terribly embarrasing. I also want all the rumbling in my belly to stop. All I have to do is THINK about food & there goes my belly. The problem is that I'm always hungry so I eat & my stomach gets worse. Does that make any sense? I'm sorry if I'm rambling it's just that this has been going on for so long now. I just want to feel better...is that too much to ask?????
thanks again for your help
Meryl

#135689 - 01/06/05 10:26 AM
Meryl36

Hi Christie,
thanks for warm wishes.
I've been on the SFS for about 3 weeks now & as for the diet, well, it's just so hard cause my husband & I go out to eat a lot. That & the fact that I don't cook seems to really make it hard to follow. I'm very good during the workday. But I'm now thinking that maybe I'm not getting enough water. I've been pretty bad about that now that I think about it. It's already noon & I've only had about 16oz. I guess it's something I should work on.
Meryl

Meryl new
      #135750 - 01/06/05 11:51 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Try eliminating the peppermint caps for a while. They were intolerable to me, and I'm not the only one. For those who have sucess with them, it's great. The rest of us have to try other things.

Also, make sure you've got enough soluble fiber in your diet. People get such relief cutting it out that they forget to gradually add it back in!

Third suggestion: have you added unusual (to your body) proteins like soy? Some people have trouble digesting that, though usually that resolves after a time. If you have added soy in large quantities, try dialing that back, too. Once you settle down, add it to your diet more slowly. Remember: soy is a bean. Beans = gas.

Last suggestion: try some of the yoga poses that help move the gas through your system. They helped me a bit.

Good luck!

--------------------

Re: Meryl new
      #135765 - 01/06/05 12:36 PM
Meryl36

wow, I never thought about soy like that. Yesterday I ate a bunch of gensoy chips. I wonder if that's why I'm feeling so crappy today???? Too bad, I love those things. Also, Morning Start Farms had their soy burgers on sale this week at the market & hubby bought a bunch of them for me! Oh, well, maybe I can try just eating one burger for dinner instead of two.
thanks for the advice.
meryl

Hi Jen! -nt- new
      #135774 - 01/06/05 12:54 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1026 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review