All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soyburgers....
      #135131 - 01/05/05 02:28 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

what does anyone else feel about veggie burgers? do they give anyone any problems?? i was eating 356 organic*veggie/vegan FF soy burgers and found that i started having C problems..and also with carrot cake [of course i ate an extensive amount in a short time--] does anyone else [who is IBS-C or has C problems] find that they seem to be eating more then they can digest? so theyre still *going* but not enough for the food theyve eaten?? thats my current problem and it hurts really really bad=/ im taking 3 fibercons a day..should i increase? and maybe take 3 w/a breakfast and 3 w/a dinner??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soyburgers.... new
      #135141 - 01/05/05 05:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

my only comment on soy/veggie burgers is to make sure that they don't have MSG. I got caught out on that one!

--------------------
S.

#135301 - 01/05/05 11:43 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I like turkey burgers better! I buy fresh extra lean ground turkey and make my own! I pat them into patties and wrap them in foil individually. Then they are ready when I want to pop one out of the freezer!

MSG new
      #135306 - 01/05/05 11:49 AM
little bear

im pretty sure there is no MSG in them---however i didnt check so maybe thats the problem. there arent any little seeds or things inside the "burgers" like most veggie burgers which is why i chose them. i thought theyd be easier on tummies. thanks for the advice--ill have to check it out

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#135308 - 01/05/05 11:52 AM
little bear

thats a good idea--except that i dont eat turkey. does meat bother your system?? when i first found out about IBS i also had an ulcer and was instructed to eat *only* plain turkey sandwiches on white bread with mozzerella shredded cheese--lol DRs think they know everything. i havent eaten meat in soo long so i cant remember its effects on my bowels. usually lots of what i eat is made from scratch so its probably better

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#135347 - 01/05/05 12:51 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I eat veggie patties and never noticed a problem with them. What type were they? The fake hamburgers or the ones with bits of vegetables in them? Three fibercon does not sound like much at all, how much fiber is in each pill? Don't most fiber pills have like 1/2 a gram? I know with my SFS, I have to take 6 pills to equal one dose. So you may want to look into upping the amount, or maybe switching to something more concentrated like the powders. I know what you mean about the eating yet not much is coming out, very annoying! Have you tried adding a bit more insoluble fiber?

--------------------
IBS-C

#135386 - 01/05/05 01:33 PM
NatHosp

Reged: 11/04/03

Keep in mind that this is only an observation of my own body:
I have IBS-A, but mostly C. I absolutely can not take FIBERCON. My experience while taking it was horrible. I had bad stomach cramps and was very constipated and felt like I had diarreah and would run to the rest room and absolutely could not go.
Soy naturally can make you constipated that is why as you increase your soy intake you must increase your water intake. Also, I notice with some baked goods that I tend to get constipated if I consume a lot of them.

My suggestion to you is get off the FIBERCON, increase your water intake, and moderate your baked goods consumption. You most likely need to make a dramatic increase in the amount of soluble fiber you are intaking. Add more pasta to your diet.

Just my two cents.

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4606 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review