All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea is my flagship symptom
      #134266 - 01/01/05 07:59 PM
Debbie57

Reged: 10/24/04

I'm new to this board and wonder if anyone struggles with chronic nausea. I have had IBS since a child (close to 40 years now, ugh) and some days are a dull roar and others are beyond bad. Anyone have any helpful nausea busters? I drink chamomile tea daily and it helps some, but wondered if anything better. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea is my flagship symptom new
      #134270 - 01/01/05 08:05 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I would suggest you see a doctor about it!

--------------------
IBS-C

#134278 - 01/01/05 08:27 PM
Debbie57

Reged: 10/24/04

I've seen many doctors over the years about it. I've been told it's not a "normal" IBS symptom, although it does occur. One GI doc told me that since I wasn't vomiting all the time what was I complaining about. Well, last time I saw him! Thanks for the suggestion though.

#134370 - 01/02/05 10:55 AM
fishnets

Have you ever had a endoscopy though?

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Cronic Nausea new
      #134376 - 01/02/05 11:46 AM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Cronic nausea is my Biggest symptom also. It always has been. I went to my gidoc and he didn't seem worried. I am scheduled to be scoped and the 11th though. He gave me a script for Promethazine. I only take 1/4 a pill when it's so bad I can't function. It knocks the edge off so I can sleep or go about my business. If anyone knows a OTC or non med solution I would like to hear it too...Thanks!

Love,

Jamie

#134381 - 01/02/05 11:57 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey I get nausea as one of my main symptoms too! I find there are different types of nausea...some related to hunger, some to gas, some to C, some to rapid emptying in D...etc! I use a combination of things: domperidone is the only medication I take..it is no longer available in the US as far as I know (big controvesy, but it is all politics, its totally utterly safe and sold over the counter in the UK and canada etc), crystallised ginger, ginger root tea, yogi tummy tea, dry bread and crackers, hot water bottle...I HATE it and I cannot believe what that GI doctor said to you..how did you hold back from not punching him in the face!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#134491 - 01/02/05 07:42 PM
fishnets

Well my nausia is due to my excess stomach acid, so I take things for that. Have you tried antacids? That could be one reason. Ginger and Slippery Elm are supposed to help (slippery elm is also supposed to be helpful for IBS).

--------------------
IBS-C

#134633 - 01/03/05 10:56 AM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

I started taking protonix because my stomach got so bad but, still the nausea comes. I'm really tired. Most of my cramping and c have gone away since I've been on the IBS diet. It's just the nausea now. Thanks for taking the time to pass on your suggestion. It was really sweet of you.

Love,

Jamie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1396

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review