All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Candy!
      #132862 - 12/24/04 11:42 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

I am on holiday in France and went into my nearest HFS today, where I saw little packs of candy called "Gomme d'Acacia". There were three flavours: mint, vanilla and honey. I bought the vanilla, which actually tastes very mildly of liquorice. The ingredients are:

50% gomme d'Acacia, sucre, sirop de glucose, suc de reglisse, arome naturelle vanille.

I haven't seen anything like it in the UK. Going to try the other flavours too. They are quite chewy and pleasant, but not too sweet or sickly (like marshmallows).

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Candy! new
      #132892 - 12/24/04 04:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I noticed acacia is an ingredient in Fresca pop. hmmm

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Acacia Candy! new
      #132902 - 12/24/04 10:11 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Interesting- do you have the name of the manufacturer? I will look it up online to see where it is available. thanks
carol

It says on the label ... new
      #132965 - 12/26/04 06:36 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

... CFCEE REGALIS 06650 LE ROURET. I would guess that this is only available in France, but there may be other companies making something similar elsewhere. The ingredients seem quite simple, so it may even be possible to make it at home ... another possibility for the 'cooking with acacia' people?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3583 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review