All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Small discovery re: heat relief
      #13282 - 07/07/03 06:58 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I bought those ThermaCare therapudic heat wraps today after a horrible weekend of cramping, bloating, and major C! I finally gave into the pain and discomfort and took some Milk of Magnesia.

So, now that it's back-to-work, I needed something to help ease my way back into things.

Lemme tell ya, those heat wraps work SO well! I bought the kind that's meant for back pain, and just put the heated part on my tummy. It feels so comfy and good!

Just wanted to share. I don't think I'll use these all the time, as they are expensive (nearly $8 for two wraps, and they only last for eight hours), but in my desperate situation, it's working for me.

Just wanted to share.

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Small discovery re: heat relief new
      #13283 - 07/07/03 07:04 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks Jules!!!!!!!!! It's wonderful to hear when a product works!

Happy Monday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#13284 - 07/07/03 07:09 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Jules,
Sorry to hear you're still not comfortable. I switched from Benefiber to Citrucel last week (while out of town and desperate for relief) and I am happy to say that I don't have C anymore! I told my husband that I feel like shouting and screaming with joy when I have a bowel movement--- kind of like a toddler who deserves a gold star for using the potty! Regularity is something I definitely won't take for granted anymore. You might want to try the Citrucel (I use the Clear Mix) if you haven't already.

#13298 - 07/07/03 08:17 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

They also have those same Thermacare pads for menstrual cramps that are designed to go near the tummy. I use them for my menstrual cramps all the time.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Small discovery re: heat relief...JULES...check this out new
      #13427 - 07/07/03 10:19 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

I just responded to Angel's heating pad nightmare and made this suggestion for her. Thought you might like the same info.

"If you rather buy something that is made to be used as a heating pad or ice pad you should check out www.grampasgarden.com They have amazing natural products including the hot natural therapy pack. They have a nice aromatherapy quality and feel amazing on an aching gut. I have the heart shaped one (which has a cinnamon smell that is soothing for the gut). I wouldn't trade it for anything!

They also see great essential oils for aromatherapy. I use lavender for calming and spice for "Warming to muscles, antispasmodic, stomach cramps" Perfect for IBS..."

It is a great store and if heat is providing you relief, then it makes sense to buy something that can be used over and over. The hear shaped one that I have was only $12.99, which is cheap compared to what you were paying for one time use heating pads.

Hope this helps you!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Re: Small discovery re: heat relief...JULES...check this out new
      #13441 - 07/08/03 06:00 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I JUST read that post, and I'm gonna check that Web site out. Thanks!

--------------------
~jules

Plug in kind new
      #13491 - 07/08/03 11:02 AM
2sweeties

Reged: 06/04/03

You can also purchase the plug inkind that lasts forever. I had mine form 4 years, bought it for $8 - from Target. It's called Heating Pad. Works well for backaches, cold nights and other stuff too.

#13494 - 07/08/03 11:12 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

They do work...I have used my fair share of them as well!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 770 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1074

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review