Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: I've been coming out of the closet! new
      #132256 - 12/21/04 10:29 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

If anyone remembers from a long time ago, I never told ANYONE about my IBS. Well, lately, I've been telling my family, friends, etc. Anyone except people at work (they are a bunch of immature jerks, but that's a WHOLE other story). Anyway, I just have to say it feels so good! OMG - I can't believe how much of a relief it is. It definitely takes away from the anxiety and awkwardness. I don't just go around blurting it out, BTW! (Hey everyone! Guess what I have? LOL) Usually, it comes up when food is involved and I say I don't eat dairy (why does EVERYTHING have dairy?), they ask if I'm lactose intolerant, and I say no I have IBS. And each and every time I survived, no one said anything mean or rude, they didn't try to fix me (telling me what I should be doing), lightning didn't come down and strike me, nothing, nada.

Well, I just had to share that! I really consider this another step in my progress. It has been exactly 2 years now since I discovered Heather, and my life is completely changed. I can't believe how different I feel from 2 years ago! Thanks Heather! And thanks to everyone here!

Mags, this is wonderful. After meeting Mike, and seeing his compassion for you, I know he is part of the reason you are able to, as you call it, "come out of the closet". After all you are NOT your IBS, you are YOU (and darn wonderful I might add) and the IBS is just one small flaw, and as humans WE ALL have flaws of one sort or another, ours are just "gut specific".

Since I got IBS late in life I'm trying to think back to when I was your age and how I would have dealt with it. I too think I would have been reluctant to admit to why I couldn't eat this or that, why I got sick easily, etc. etc.
I can honestly say I don't know how I would have acted..that is why I commend and congratulate YOU for taking this giant step forward...

Liberating, isn't it?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mags new
      #132582 - 12/23/04 07:48 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you tried lowering your dose on the SFS? Not sure how much you are taking, if that would even help. There are some people that don't use a SFS, so it is possible.

How about magnesium supplement? I've heard they help C the same way calcium helps D. I do know when I do get C-ish, I get bloated & gassy and isn't relieved until I get back to normal (yes, I actually do have normal days now! lol) after I've finally had a proper BM to clear things out!

Oh - I just remembered an old thread. Maybe you could try Kree's Lower Fat Oatmeal Molasses Cookies. If you look at the responses, you see some people were helped by these! LOL

Yes, Mike is the best! I know I'm SO lucky. I've had my fair share of duds and if I didn't know him myself, I wouldn't believe such a creature existed! LOL Although he's a rare type, I know others exist. I hope you find someone like that also. (Assuming you are single...it just seemed so from your answer. )

Re: I've been coming out of the closet! new
      #132585 - 12/23/04 07:59 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

If anyone remembers from a long time ago, I never told ANYONE about my IBS. Well, lately, I've been telling my family, friends, etc. Anyone except people at work (they are a bunch of immature jerks, but that's a WHOLE other story). Anyway, I just have to say it feels so good! OMG - I can't believe how much of a relief it is. It definitely takes away from the anxiety and awkwardness. I don't just go around blurting it out, BTW! (Hey everyone! Guess what I have? LOL) Usually, it comes up when food is involved and I say I don't eat dairy (why does EVERYTHING have dairy?), they ask if I'm lactose intolerant, and I say no I have IBS. And each and every time I survived, no one said anything mean or rude, they didn't try to fix me (telling me what I should be doing), lightning didn't come down and strike me, nothing, nada.

Well, I just had to share that! I really consider this another step in my progress. It has been exactly 2 years now since I discovered Heather, and my life is completely changed. I can't believe how different I feel from 2 years ago! Thanks Heather! And thanks to everyone here!

Mags, this is wonderful. After meeting Mike, and seeing his compassion for you, I know he is part of the reason you are able to, as you call it, "come out of the closet". After all you are NOT your IBS, you are YOU (and darn wonderful I might add) and the IBS is just one small flaw, and as humans WE ALL have flaws of one sort or another, ours are just "gut specific".

Since I got IBS late in life I'm trying to think back to when I was your age and how I would have dealt with it. I too think I would have been reluctant to admit to why I couldn't eat this or that, why I got sick easily, etc. etc.
I can honestly say I don't know how I would have acted..that is why I commend and congratulate YOU for taking this giant step forward...

Liberating, isn't it?

You got it girl! Mike is a big part of the reason I can "come out". He's so supportive, it still amazes me!

You're gonna love this one - I was just wondering the other day if any of the reasons it's easier to talk about is because I'm older, and if it would get even easier. I was thinking and comparing it to back when I was a young teen and it was so embarrassing to buy tampons! Now I could care less! LMAO!!!

Thanks Kandee!

#132659 - 12/23/04 11:41 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Yes, I've lowered it to about 3-4 grams a day (from 6). May go even lower. But now my BM's are nonexistent. I take 300 mg a day pure Magnesium. Not sure if it's safe to go higher on that one.

How much Acacia do you take a day, if you don't mind me asking?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#132698 - 12/23/04 02:10 PM
*Melissa*

Of course I don't mind at all! I take 1 1/2 tsp 2x a day, so that would be 1 tablespoon a day or 4.5 grams.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1943 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review