Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: How sad that people are unkind to folks with IBS... new
      #131866 - 12/20/04 12:06 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

I have been very frank with people and have come across very few odd responses...to my face anyway!

We have been invited over for steaks...gasp...and I merely asked if I could bring chicken breasts for the grill as my stomach doesn't tolerate red meat and all was well.

I had no idea there were so many insensitive people in this world!

I've never really had a problem either. Anytime I'm invited to eat at someone's house when they know I don't eat certain things, they either offer to make something else for me or make me feel more than welcome to bring whatever I want, which is what my BF's family told me to do for Christmas since they are having ham. I'm bringing tofu stuffed shells. They are more interested in my company, than in if I'm eating what they made. I think it's ridiculous some people are offended if others can't eat what they make.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I've been coming out of the closet! new
      #131869 - 12/20/04 12:09 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

MAGS!!! HUGS!!! I am so glad you are feeling good about telling people!! By telling people, I have met some wonderfull people who also have IBS!! Glad you a feeling good!!!!
HUGS

Thank you! Also, by me "coming out", my mother has been coming out for me too! LOL She explains my IBS to other family members or her friends sometimes. So, does my BF. By them doing that, I just found out this weekend that my stepdad's sister has IBS and also someone my BF bowls with has it too. Small world, eh? hehe

Re: How sad that people are unkind to folks with IBS... new
      #131873 - 12/20/04 12:13 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Same here... nobody's really said anything *unkind* to me, although my family doesn't necessarily understand it, and I have gotten some really STUPID responses (like, "Wow, I wish I could get IBS, so I can lose weight like you did!" I heard that one AGAIN just the other day).

Anyway. GO MAGS!! I'm proud of ya!

Thanks!

I get asked about my weight ALL the time. But, it's usually from the work jerks, and they don't know about my IBS. Well, they know I don't eat certain things because I don't feel well if I do, but they don't know all the details. Most of them don't anyway - just a select few. But yeah - wishing you could get IBS to lose weight - that's pretty bad.

Re: I've been coming out of the closet! new
      #131875 - 12/20/04 12:15 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

I did too as of a few months ago and it felt good.

Congrats to you! It's great, isn't it?

Such a wonderful relationship you have new
      #131956 - 12/20/04 04:47 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

your story brought a tear to my eye! My husband cares for me the same way, I can not thank my lucky stars enough!

--------------------
IBS-D

Congradulations! That is one of my goals for 2005 -nt- new
      #131957 - 12/20/04 04:48 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

--------------------
IBS-D

Mags new
      #131986 - 12/20/04 07:15 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thanks for your response. It's weird that acacia didn't work the first time, but does work now. Are you taking less or something?

I have been taking Clear Mix Citrucel also, but not happy with it so I'm now trying only a few equalactin a day or maybe a FiberChoice as I try to go to no SFS at all. Just to see if it reduces the bloating and gas. Afraid no BM will happen though. We'll see. This IBS is a guessing game that I don't paricularly like to play!

By the way, who's that guy in the picture with you?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thanks! Good luck to you too, and let us know how you make out! -nt- new
      #132086 - 12/21/04 07:58 AM
*Melissa*

Re: Mags new
      #132102 - 12/21/04 08:35 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Thanks for your response. It's weird that acacia didn't work the first time, but does work now. Are you taking less or something?

I have been taking Clear Mix Citrucel also, but not happy with it so I'm now trying only a few equalactin a day or maybe a FiberChoice as I try to go to no SFS at all. Just to see if it reduces the bloating and gas. Afraid no BM will happen though. We'll see. This IBS is a guessing game that I don't paricularly like to play!

By the way, who's that guy in the picture with you?

I am taking less, but I have a feeling that it was when I tried taking it. I tried switching to acacia around this same time last year. So, I was stressed from the holidays, plus I was cheating a lot with holiday goodies. And, on top of that, I was in the middle of planning a wedding I didn't even want to be doing. So, taking all that into consideration, it's no wonder it didn't work the first time - it had too much working against it!

Yeah, the bloating & gas is such a pain to deal with. Have you tried fennel tea? I think it's nasty, but I manage to get some down mixed with peppermint tea. It helps me a lot. And I did used to have a lot of bloating and gas, so maybe the caps & probiotic are helping that?

That's my boyfriend in the picture with me. That pic is from Vegas when we went to the IBS Fall Sprawl in October. I guess you could say he also helps keep my IBS under control! LOL He's always looking out for me (he's so cute in restaurants, he likes to tell the server what I want - I guess you could say he's old-fashioned like that - and then he tells them absolutely no butter, how it must be made, etc. LOL), and he actually inspires me to keep from cheating (although he doesn't know it), because I love spending time with him & feeling good to go out and do things, so I don't want to screw it up by cheating and feeling yucky. I do still, but not as much as I used to. I am only human!

So, anyway, I hope you can find a SFS that helps you. Have you tried the acacia yet?

Re: Mags new
      #132226 - 12/21/04 06:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

No, haven't tried the acacia yet. For the same reason it didn't work for you the first time! Too much going on right now: trying to get stabalized on a new AD, starting a new job (stress!), holidays...

Perhaps if things settle down a bit. I'm having problems with my lexapro, so may have to try another one which would prolong the acacia even longer! I'm seriously considering not taking any SFS at all ever, because of the bloat and cramps and gas, gas, and more gas.

Yes, I do drink 2 cups of fennel every day. Don't know if it helps or not, but I'll try anything that others say is helpful.

What a sweet guy you have found. Not only willing to put up with a girlfriend who has IBS problems, but actually trying to help and to be so supportive of you. Nice to know guys like that exist. I always just figured no guy would want to put up with all my weird food intolerance. Not every guy would understand why I just couldn't go out for beer and pizza like "normal" people!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review