Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Crest Whitestrips are EVIL
      #130688 - 12/15/04 10:23 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Hello everyone -

I just thought I post this in case it might prevent someone else from getting sick too....

I tried using Crest Whitestrips. I am deathly afraid of them now. Here is why:

I put them in one morning after I woke up and had breakfast. I took special care not to swallow while they were in my mouth - who wants to swallow any chemicals?

About 2 hours later, horrible nausea hit. I spent the whole rest of the day in the bathroom - it was horrible. The pain, diarrhea, cramping and nausea were the worst I've ever experienced.

I was confused - no fever, no one else in family sick, ate nothing unusual and I was following IBS diet perfectly. I was stumped.

A couple of days later, I went to use the Crest Whitestrips again. I then noticed that sorbitol was an ingredient. Bingo! I waited one whole week to try them again.

During that week of waiting, I felt fine - great, really. Nervously, I used the Crest Whitestrips again. About 2 hours later, the same attack happened all over again. After a horrible and exhausting day in the bathroom, I had my husband pitch those (*&%^%#^$^**&^%$#!~$# things in the dumpster.

I am certain it was the sorbitol, and possibly other ingredients in them. Heck, if it bleaches your teeth and chemically removes stains, what do those chemicals do to sensitive IBS intestines?

I wanted to post my experience - I don't want anyone else to suffer like I did!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Crest Whitestrips are EVIL new
      #130695 - 12/15/04 10:47 AM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

LittleLamb,

Thanks so much for posting this warning. Other products that do the same thing are probably just as harmful. I am so so sorry that you got sick for an entire day two different times. That was just awful.

They should put a warning on the box!

Glad your doing well on the diet otherwise

Take Care,
Lefty

Re: Crest Whitestrips are EVIL new
      #130699 - 12/15/04 11:00 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've used them tons and have never had a problem. I guess it's different for everyone!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Oh wow! -nt new
      #130794 - 12/15/04 02:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Oh yeah! new
      #131054 - 12/16/04 12:48 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you're at all sensitive to sorbitol ANYTHING like this is bad!!! I can't even use rgular toothpaste.

Linz, new
      #131189 - 12/16/04 06:06 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What do you use instead? I give up on trying to find a toothpaste without sorbitol! But I need my flouride!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Linz-bump-nt new
      #131779 - 12/20/04 08:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review