All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pizza
      #129737 - 12/11/04 10:27 AM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

My parents were considering the possibility of ordering pizza. I didn't know if it would be safe, even without the cheese and meat toppings (ordering non-cheese, non-meat pizza was suggsted in The First Year of IBS). They were thinking about ordering from Pizza Hut, but the pizzas from there always seem to have really greasy crusts. Does anyone know what United States pizza chains are safe (as long as the pizzas are ordered without cheese or meat)? Do they put a lot of oil on the pans while they bake the pizza?
Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pizza new
      #129740 - 12/11/04 11:39 AM
Kandi

Reged: 12/10/04
Loc: Wisconsin

The only pizza i can eat is the veggie de lite from papa murphys. Do you have one of those in your area?
They go light on the cheese and heavy on the veggies. It is a take and bake place but atleast i can see them making my pizza.

#129743 - 12/11/04 12:41 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I agree that most chain pizza places basically fry their dough in oil -- it always tasted like chinese food to me and I could never stand it, even before IBS. I'm spoiled and grew up in a heavily itialian neighborhood and always had great local pizzerias. Are there any just independent pizza places near you? I'm sure they'd do more traditional preparation.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#129744 - 12/11/04 01:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It doesn't work for me. I feel awful from any bought pizza (except frozen Amy's cheeseless). And I find that cheeseless/meatless pizza is just plain gross. sorry. I do make one decent homemade pizza that I can stand cheeseless. hoisin sauce pizza just put hoisin sauce, chicken, spinach, mushrooms and scallions on pizza crust.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#129752 - 12/11/04 02:30 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

homemade is best.. if not- Pizza Huts regular pizza crust is fried, btu the thin crust is safe, at least unless the ingredients have changed since I worked there 15 years ago! its baked on a pan, not in one filled with oil, and has no dairy in it... not sure if I'd trust the sauce to not have MSG in it, though you could call and ask. I've decided no pizza unless I make it is the safest bet!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#129828 - 12/12/04 09:08 AM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Pizza hut I can do because they just use mozzerella cheese but Dominos really makes me sick because they use five kinds of cheese...bad!!

Well... when I get pizza for my family .... new
      #129953 - 12/12/04 05:02 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I usually create my own at home for me to eat. In fact that's what we had for dinner tonight. While my family ate the real thing I had my Chany's Special.
Place a flour tortilla in a skillet that's sprayed with non stick pan spray.
Put a little marinara suace (if your stomach can tolerate tomatoe) on it.
Crumble up some soy cheese and place it on top.
Cook on a medium flame for about 3 - 5 minutes (depending on how crispy you likr it.
Yum
Enjoy
Chany

Re: Well... when I get pizza for my family .... new
      #130018 - 12/13/04 03:19 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I do this a lot too- but with a pita intead of the tortilla... and I put it under the burner for a minute or 2 plain, flip it and then top it and bake!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Well... when I get pizza for my family .... new
      #130026 - 12/13/04 04:14 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

boboli crust in the oven is awesome too!

--------------------

#130040 - 12/13/04 05:51 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I get a small vegetarian with no cheese! Still makes me a little grumbly, but it's worth it to not be left out of pizza! Actually, maybe it's the garlic butter I dip my pizzaa crusts into that makes me grumbly

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review