Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spaghetti & Red meat
      #129130 - 12/09/04 08:50 AM
Okies

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: Oklahoma

Does any one eat beef at all.

I have stayed away from it. I have mainly ate bone less skinless chicken and pork one time in the last couple of weeks,

I made spaghetti for dinner for the family, do you think it will upset the apple cart if I eat some. I have UC but I have been mainly eating off the IBS diet. I am feeling pretty good -- no blood, I just don't know that I should chance it. BUT I am getting tired of chicken.

--------------------
Billie Jo

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spaghetti & Red meat new
      #129169 - 12/09/04 09:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Be careful!! I'd suggest using ground turkey instead! It still tastes great, just season the turkey a bit more when you brown it more more flavor! Use some italian seasons and a bit of garlic if you can handle garlic!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#129178 - 12/09/04 10:09 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm one of those people who've never had a problem with red meat. I eat lean beef, with nothing but salt. I don't cook with butter, sprays (ick), or anything but olive oil.

I can't have fruit, vegs or dairy, so I steer away from sauces. I'll make a mayonaise out of an emulsified egg, oil, and a pinch of salt and ground mustard seed. Or I'll just use Hellmans Light.

I like roast beef a lot, rare and cold. Not too cold as to aggrevate an attack, tho. I put a little dab of mayo on it and I'm good!

Good luck with your diet!

~nelly~

#129185 - 12/09/04 10:23 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I can do it too. Don't do it very much, but a little lean beef now and then is no problem for me. My best advice is, try it, and see how your body reacts.

#129205 - 12/09/04 11:35 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

As long as it's lean I don't have a problem with it.

#129214 - 12/09/04 12:29 PM
Okies

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: Oklahoma

I have thought about it and think I should just cook me a chicken breast and be happy I am not hurting.,
Is Turkey as safe a chicken breast?

Do you think that gas can cause D.
Other than feeling bloated and my tummy gurgling in the evening, which leads to going to the bathroom. I am feeling better than I have felt in a year.

Thanks for your thought.

--------------------
Billie Jo

#129227 - 12/09/04 01:04 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I say NO to the meat but to go ahead and make sauce- DH says my sauce with ground turkey is as good I used to make with beef and he loves it when I cube up chicken and put that in instead too!

but then I have had MAJOR issues with even minor amounts of beef and beef products for years (I can't even handle beef broth and haven't been able to since I was a teen!)

There are wonderful sauce recipes that dont' call for meats aor meat products- including marinara, and those are fine if you can handle the acidity of the tomatoes (I can luckily) but the red meat variety can be a trigger.. if you want- try it, but make sure you can have time to deal witht eh follow up attack if it happens (Like on a day off!)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#129230 - 12/09/04 01:06 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Just check the fat content on the ground turkey, some of it can still be high in fat but as long as its lean, it should be as safe as chicken!

Try taking the maxium dose of gas-x gor a couple of days and see if that helps your gurrgling noises! I get them too but they don't usually lead to D!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Eating Meat ... or Substituting and not feeling like the odd one out... new
      #129319 - 12/09/04 06:10 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I don't know how senstive your stomach is to red beef. Try a little bit BUT EAT SOME PLAIN SPAGHETTI FIRST OR MAYBE A ROLL to relax your stomach. I can usually toelrate about a tblespoon of ground beef with my pasta.
Also alot of times I eat what my family is eating, with my substitutes. For example... tonight we had tacos. I used ground turkey for mine. When my family eats hot dogs I eat soy dogs... mac and cheese night is mac and soy cheese for me... you get the idea.
Good Luck. Happy Eating.
Chany

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review