All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Glutamine?
      #12879 - 07/01/03 07:21 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I read on another IBS bulletin board that taking Glutamine could be beneficial to IBS sufferers. I'm starting to do my reasearch since I've never heard this before. Does anyone out there have any input?

Thanks in advance!!
julie

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Glutamine? new
      #12881 - 07/01/03 07:39 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Funny you should mention this today, I just started my Glutamine regimen this morning. I've also been perusing that same board and getting some good information. Hey, it's worth a try to me. I've always thought just something simple is out of whack in my body and if I can find out what I'll be able to control this.

#12882 - 07/01/03 07:41 AM
CarlaVeg

Reged: 06/19/03

How do you take glutamine?

#12884 - 07/01/03 07:50 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Thanks for that speedy response. I have IBS-C (though I'm semi-D today...weird, must be the coffee) and, from what I'm reading on the other board, the Glutamine is primarily for IBS-D. What do you know about that?

Also, what is your regimen? I was told to take 1/2 teaspoon one in the morning on an empty tummy, and 1/2 teaspoon again before bedtime.

DO you know anything else about it?

--------------------
~jules

#12888 - 07/01/03 08:50 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Well, since I just started, I don't have a regimen yet. I read to take 1 tsp in the morning (just dissolve the powder into water) and before bed, on an empty stomach. If you have IBS-C, I'd check out Seratonin. Glutamine seems to be for D, you're right, but that's me so this is what I'm trying.

#12907 - 07/01/03 11:52 AM
gator

Reged: 05/26/03
Loc: Florida

I've been taking the tablets for about a month and I believe they are helping me...I also take Calcium pills..

--------------------
Thank You

#58074 - 04/05/04 10:30 AM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

hi jules. i know you wrote this post a long time ago, but i did a search on glutamine and this came up, so i have a question. are you still taking the glutamine, and if so, do you like it?
i went to a health food store this weekend and the girl in the medicine department suggested l-glutamine for my ibs. she said she's heard it can help repair my intestines. she said she had reflux and took it and now it's gone. i have ibs-c, and you mentioned it being for ibs-d, so i was just wondering how it's worked for you. what website were you mentioning that talks about it? i did a search for it and can only find things about body building.
is anyone else on it? and if so, is it helping?

#58152 - 04/05/04 01:48 PM
Slymac

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario

Both my sister and I take L-Glutamine. I have IBS-D and she has IBS-C. We both have noticed a difference. I take two capsules a day 500mg. Also I take an IBS formula in a capsule with meals and it also contains L-Glutamine 30mg. I really notice a difference with the IBS formula pill.

#58156 - 04/05/04 01:57 PM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

thanks so much! i just started taking it yesterday. mine's a powder and the girl either told me to take 2 tsp a day or 2 tsp twice a day, i can't remember, so i'll just see which adds up to 500 mg.
when you say it makes a difference, what do you mean actually? to be honest i'm not sure what i'm looking for it to do, the girl just recommended it so i got it. like i said, she said it could help repair my insides. i'm ibs-c (if i didn't already say that), so could it help me go to the bathroom more? i'm clueless and new to all this stuff.
thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1054 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1336

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review