All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Healing new
      #128703 - 12/08/04 11:13 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Darn, we don't have a Safeway in Illinois! Maybe Jewel is the same thing. For some reason I think they are owned by the same company. Thanks anyways. Looks for the search for a probiotic continues!

Lucky, you live in SF!!!!The home of SF(Soluble Fiber)!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#128710 - 12/08/04 11:56 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Try a Walgreens pharmacy, they are cheaper than the HFS. Make sure you get Acidolphilus Plus, its the best.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#128714 - 12/08/04 12:12 PM
Augie

Forgot to ask, is it kept refrigerated in the pharmacy, or is it right on the shelf?

--------------------
~ Beth

I think I'm going to return the one I bought and switch it for and FOS free one. new
      #129329 - 12/09/04 06:26 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

But I was reading the bottle of the stuff I was taking and it has FOS in it and I've been fine. Still I think If I'm upping to twice a day I think the second pill will be a different brand.
Chany

HUH? ??? new
      #129338 - 12/09/04 06:37 PM
Augie

So what brand are you going to take? The jarro with the FOS? Or two brands at once? I hope you saw my post about Heathers comment on FOS, but I do no that for some people it just doesn't bother them. So if it works for you, then that's all that counts!!!

Just read your response on the probiotic thread. What do the gals at Wild Oats recommend? I know PB8 has FOS in it, I think.

--------------------
~ Beth

Edited by Augie (12/09/04 06:48 PM)

Re: HUH? ??? - Ok that may have sounded confusing.... new
      #129351 - 12/09/04 06:58 PM
Casper

I am taking a probiotic called Florify. I am happy with it and do not paln to give it up. But I want to take probiotics twice a day and Florify costs alot so I was thinking about taking another brand to use for my second dose.
The woman at Wild Oats actually recommended the Jaro with FOS so I think she really didn't understant what IBS was all about. But she did clue me into the fact that birth controll pills can kill off probiotics. I was taking my Florfiy and birth control pill right after breakfast.
OK so the end of the stroy is that I am taking the ortho tri cyclin after breakfast
The Florify after luch
and I haven't decided yet about the extra dose of probiotics but I'm definatley NOT going totake a second dose of probiotics with FOS in it.
Well that was a mouthful I hope I didn't bore you.

Chany

Casper new
      #129359 - 12/09/04 07:14 PM
Augie

Does Florify have FOS in it too?
As far as the Wild Oats people, they mean well and are very friendly, but as you say, not specialized in IBS. They give advice for the general public. When I told them I was looking for fiber supplement for IBS they told me to take psyllium fiber and to eat lots of whole wheat cereal and breads and lot of fruits and veggies!! Yikes, that would kill me. But for the general public that is very healthy.

--------------------
~ Beth

Augie new
      #129624 - 12/10/04 02:12 PM
Casper

I went back to Wild Oats today and returned the Jarro with FOS, expained my probelm and they reffered me to a sales lady who did know what IBS was all about. She reccomended PB 8. But be carefull there are two kinds and one has FOS in it. She also gave me some free samples to try it out before I open the bottle. The florify apparently does have FOS in it, but as of yet has not bothered me. I think the FOS is what helps the upper digestive tract and since I'm prone to ulcers (I've had two flare ups in the past)it is bennificial for me. But not twice a day. Do yuo take probiotics? What kind? Have a good weekend.
Chany

#130520 - 12/14/04 04:08 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

It's right on the shelf.

Good Luck!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Re: I had bad gas the first week and a weird BM, then improvement ever since. new
      #130533 - 12/14/04 06:10 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Me too. But it really helps! I take PB 8 Probotic Acidophilus. It has worked wonders!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review