All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soluble Fiber Supplements and "D"
      #127924 - 12/05/04 07:25 PM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

I haven't tried soluble fiber supplements yet, but I'd like to if it will help me. The thing I'm worried about is that it will give me "D" or make me have to go all the time (until my body gets used to it). How many days does this go on for? Are there any types that don't do this?
I'm an IBS-D sufferer. What are some experiences that other IBS-D suffers have had with SFS's?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soluble Fiber Supplements and "D" new
      #127936 - 12/05/04 09:39 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Ms. Lobstress, (I just love that name! )
I am an A, mostly D problems though.
After going on Heather's diet and eating mainly soloubles, I needed to introduce the SFS to be able to 'go' again. You can start out really small if you would like. SOme people find they are better off without it, but most need it. Everyone reacts different to different SFS, too.
If you are afraid, I would start out real small.
I can only vouch for fibercon and acacia, they are the only ones I try. If you are going to be working up to a higher dose, I would suggest acacia, it will be more cost effective.
I started out with just one fibercon pill a day, than moved up to two. Soon I needed more, so I ordered acacia, and started out at 1/4 tsp twice a day, and SLOWLY moved upo to 1 TB 2 x a day. To take a high enough dose of fibercon, you have to take like 12 pills or so a day eventually, so it is really not worth it. I do keep some in my purse though just incase I need something before an "iffy" dinner, or if I am 'C' and need alittle push... funny how something can work for both ends, huh?
Well, that is my advice, you can do what you want with it, but it really is gonna be trial and error with you. As long as you do not try too much too fast you should be fine and have nothing to worry about. But you won't know for sure til you try. The lesson I learned with trying new things is that if something turns out bad, you just let it get outta your system and move on, and try again.
If you do decide to go to acacia, you can only order it from here.
Good luck!

--------------------
-Sheri

#127972 - 12/06/04 05:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

A good SFS like Acacia shouldn't give you D unless you have a particularly ba reaction. Gas and bloating are the main side-effects and that's only if you increase the dose too fast.

I was D when I started SFSs and they were amazing. Love them Lots!

#128172 - 12/06/04 05:29 PM
Okies

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: Oklahoma

How long and what dose were you at when the D. stopped

--------------------
Billie Jo

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3939 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 480

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review