All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thanks and update
      #12776 - 06/29/03 05:18 PM
melfank

Reged: 06/19/03

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that helped me the protein drinks. I am happy to say that I finally got goin on them this weekend. You were right they are YUMMY!! I got some vanilla Soy protein and some Silk and a banana and yum good. I would drink that even if I didn't have to:)

I also keep forgetting to tell hansolo that I have been drinking pepermint tea like crazy and it seems to be helping. If not going away then at least taking the edge off.

I am going back to my GI this week. My midwife is still concerned about what I am able and not able to eat. and how much weight I have been losing. Although I think I have been doing much better eating right this week and eating enough. However the pain is still not gone away.

I have done everything that you guys suggest and taking fiber and drinking a ton of water and staying far away from no no foods. But still my pain doesn't seem to be coorilated with BM's and it won't go away. Certainly better but still there every single day.

So I am going to ask for more tests. Are there any tests that I should be asking for specifically. Or anything that I should be asking him to look for. I talked to my cousin who is a dr and he thinks it is gall bladder... I just hope that no matter what it is I can get help.

My Midwife said that if it does turn out to be IBS she wants me to start on medication so that I can start eating more without having to take pain pills. She said that she is not crazy about it but she would rather me be doing that then either not eating enough or eating enough and being in so much pain... Anyone have any good or bad experiences with any meds for this???

Thanks for all your help and support here. I feel like I have asked dumb questions some times and asked some things over and over trying to get clarification. Thanks for your patience!!

If I dont' get any help from this visit I think I will be going to visit the dr that heather suggested in Bremerton. I live in Wa. It will be a drive but if she can help then well worth it!!

melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks and update new
      #12778 - 06/29/03 05:48 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I am so happy that you are doing well. I too am a big peppermint tea fan and drink 2-3 cups a day of it. I hope everything goes well with your expectance. Stay Healthy!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 947 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review