All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
herbal teas question
      #12722 - 06/28/03 11:12 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

are all herbal teas safe as long as they don't have caffiene in them? i'd like to start trying other flavors such as peach and various fruits but don't know if i should since the actual fruits can be a trigger. i'm also not sure on ginsing and other herbs they make into teas.

thanks
amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: herbal teas question new
      #12728 - 06/29/03 02:43 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

As far as I know they are as long there is no caffeine. If you have acid reflux peppermint and lemon can bother you.

#12739 - 06/29/03 08:19 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

The fruit teas should be fine. Some of those other herbs, I'm not too sure about. I guess it would depend on the herb.

Lately though, I have been playing around with combining decaf teas & fruit teas to make iced tea. My favorite so far is cranberry apple zinger with the decaf, sweetened with a little sugar. Yummy!

Summer time herbal Kool-Aid new
      #12742 - 06/29/03 10:08 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

You can do a search on various herbs and their affects on the body. Some can be triggers or affect other conditions you may have. For example, licorice root should not be taken by folks with high blood pressure, and so on. I know I can't tolerate most of the Yogi teas because of the various mix of herbs in them. I also don't care for chilled peppermint tea, but then, you may.

My favorite now for years has been chilled HIBISCUS FLOWER tea. It is the most lovely shade of red, and nice to serve to company who don't drink sodas for one reason or another. I used to buy the bags but now buy just the dried herb in pound packages, make it up hot, add some sugar (optional) and keep in the refrigerator. If you can't find it just as a dried herb, look for brands like Bigelow's Red Raspberry----a real misnomer since the first ingredient listed is hibiscus. It comes in individual pkgs. or larger ones to make a quart at a time. I call chilled Hibiscus tea my summer time Kool-Aid. Remember the rule though......nothing ice cold on an empty stomach. I DOES make a difference. Kandee

--------------------

#12753 - 06/29/03 12:04 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

watch out for senna tea! its a hard laxative

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1647 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 654

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review