All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cat scan results - gyno problems!
      #12652 - 06/27/03 08:33 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Well, Dr called yesterday - said he wanted me to come in, found something unusual in CT scan. Turns out there is something going on around my ovaries, he's referring me to gyno (I don't have one here so he's setting up appt for me). He says that does not explain all my pain but the pain from that could trigger the colon spasms, as just about anything can, it seems. Otherwise, GI tract showed nothing new. They have a nutritionist in their practice who I'll be seeing to get some firmer guidance, looking forward to laying out before her all the details of this and seeing what she has to offer. Thanks for prayers and kind words. Gotta run and tend to kids now!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cat scan results - gyno problems! new
      #12655 - 06/27/03 09:16 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michelle,
Sorry to hear that they found something, but hopefully, you will have some answers soon and will get some relief from your problems. When I had my colonscopy done, the gastro thought my colon was hung up on something, possibly my ovary or an ovarian cyst. He sent me to a ob/gyn too, but she didn't find anything wrong and the CAT scan didn't show anything either. I will be interested to hear what the ob/gyn tells you. I know it's hard waiting on tests/exam results, but hang in there! I hope you enjoy your Fourth of July week. I am going out of town to visit my family, but I will be checking the board while I'm away.
A big hug for you!

#12662 - 06/27/03 11:42 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Oh dear Michelle, I hope its nothing serious! Well- anyhow, its a good thing, because now that something has been noiced, it can be taken care of, and your pain/spasms may ease (lets hope for the best!) I'll be praying for you

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#12724 - 06/28/03 11:54 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Michelle,

Good luck with it all and I will be interested to see how you go too.

My left ovary sits ina really wierd place up high near a section of colon and I've often wondered if this stirs me up. I have PCOS so the ovaries tend to be enlarged a lot of the time and I think it presses on the colon a lot.

Good luck,

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#12727 - 06/29/03 02:40 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sorry to hear about your abnormal finding. Hang in there Michelle - you've been quite the trooper through this!
I'll keep praying.

#12943 - 07/01/03 06:36 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, Michelle!

Well, another wrinkle in the road map, eh? So sorry you have to have this added stress. I'll be praying that you get some answers, and that whatever they find is benign and correctable! If you remember, I had a gyne test in April that revealed an abnormality, which led to a biopsy, which led to the hysterectomy a few weeks ago. It was definitely a God-send, because I actually did have cancer - but it was stage 1, grade 1 - and no further treatment is needed. So, even though I was apprehensive, and would have preferred not to have the initial findings, they may have saved my life! (I'm trying to be encouraging here - hope it's not backfiring!) Remember that the Lord is always working on your behalf, because you belong to Him!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review